Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling my house - loads of interest all of a sudden

Options
  • 21-08-2017 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,
    About 8 years ago I put my house up for sale on a particular website.
    after no initial interest I rented out the house and have continued to do so.

The for sale has remained on that particular website since then.

However over the last 2 weeks I have had 4 texts for people interested in buying the house. I have engaged with the texts but haven't agreed on any viewings etc yet.

The doubting Thomas in me feels that this does not feel 100% right. No interest for 8 years and then 4 interest in the space of a week.!!!!!!!

Anyone have any similar experience.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Are you near a 3rd level institution?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Assuming you're selling in Ireland, then the market has changed a lot in 8 years. What kind of site lets you post up properties for sale and leave it there for 8 years?

If it's a forum post or a blog post or something that you put up, then it could be as simple as people googling, "Houses for sale in <area>" and your post popping up.

Or your may have been linked to from somewhere else and got the attention of people.

Is there anything that seems suspicious about the contacts - bad grammar, foreign names, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭boban z

Hi,
    Nearest 3rd level institution is Blanch IT about 4 km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Yes, according to the media, 3rd level accomm rental is virtually impossible to get - maybe we're back to the days of parents buying houses for their 3rd level children?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Yea, you might have randomly landed on random close to college search?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Low Energy Eng

You may have had it overpriced initially and now the market has risen it compares reasonably to other house.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If you still have the house at the 2009 asking price, it is pretty easy to see how the interest has come about.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to Accomodation & Property

Advertisement