Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steak Tartare?

Options
  • 21-08-2017 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Does anyone know or can recommend somewhere where I can order Steak Tartare in Galway?

Also I want to make it myself and they say you should use the best either Filet Minion or Beef Tenderloin to mince. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Shanley.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

I've seen it on the menu at Loam but didn't order it. They change the menu all the time so nothing is guaranteed to stay on it. You'd have to check with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The only places that I've eaten it in Galway were Anair and Loam.

As for recommendations on where to buy beef - Tormey's (in the shopping centre) is by far the best beef I've had from any butcher in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Could be wrong but Petite Pois may have done it but they change their menu all the time.

Never tried it myself. Can't help think of this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Could be wrong but Petite Pois may have done it but they change their menu all the time.

You're right. Petit Pois do have steak tartare on the menu from time to time. My other half had it there a while back.

OP, if you keep an eye on the Petit Pois menu its bound to turn up again http://lepetitpois.ie/menu-dishes/dinner/. They change the menu at the start of every month.

Advertisement