Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt collector

Options
  • 21-08-2017 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,
    I had broadband with eir at my previous address and when i moved to a new apartment 3 months ago i stayed with eir for my broadband too. I cancelled my broadband a few weeks after moving in as the speeds were very very low. I had to go through comreg and eir agreed to let me out of my contract with no cancellation fees or penalties.

I sent back the router from my previous address as well as the router for my current address when i cancelled the account. I have recieved a few emails from eir stating monthly bills of random amounts, some bills claim i owe them money some have a balance of zero euro and some say they owe me money. I have rang eir twice over these bills and on both occasions i have been told the bills were sent in error and that i owe nothing.

A few weeks ago i recieved a bill for just over €50, when i contacted eir customer support i was told it was probably a bill for a router, i explained to the rep that i had sent back both routers they checked with their supervisor and confirmed that they can remove the bill as both routers had been returned. They confirmed i would be getting no more bills.

Today i got a phone call from a debt collectors agency stating that eir had sent them on the €50 odd bill from a few weeks ago. He claimed they had sent me a letter on the 8th of august however i did not recieve this letter as they sent it to my previous address. I explained to him that i had returned both routers and had no outstanding debt with eir, he said he would contact eir and see if he could verify this with them.

I was wondering if one of the eir reps on here tell me whats going on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Mr May0 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I had broadband with eir at my previous address and when i moved to a new apartment 3 months ago i stayed with eir for my broadband too. I cancelled my broadband a few weeks after moving in as the speeds were very very low. I had to go through comreg and eir agreed to let me out of my contract with no cancellation fees or penalties.

I sent back the router from my previous address as well as the router for my current address when i cancelled the account. I have recieved a few emails from eir stating monthly bills of random amounts, some bills claim i owe them money some have a balance of zero euro and some say they owe me money. I have rang eir twice over these bills and on both occasions i have been told the bills were sent in error and that i owe nothing.

A few weeks ago i recieved a bill for just over €50, when i contacted eir customer support i was told it was probably a bill for a router, i explained to the rep that i had sent back both routers they checked with their supervisor and confirmed that they can remove the bill as both routers had been returned. They confirmed i would be getting no more bills.

Today i got a phone call from a debt collectors agency stating that eir had sent them on the €50 odd bill from a few weeks ago. He claimed they had sent me a letter on the 8th of august however i did not recieve this letter as they sent it to my previous address. I explained to him that i had returned both routers and had no outstanding debt with eir, he said he would contact eir and see if he could verify this with them.

I was wondering if one of the eir reps on here tell me whats going on.
    Hi Mr May0, 

Thanks for getting in touch today. 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. 

Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you? 

Thanks 

Adam 

Advertisement