Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather App for iPhone

Options
  • 21-08-2017 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi folks,
    What's a decent and accurate weather app for the iPhone?
    Thanks, Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I use the built in weather app on the iPhone. I also have the BBC weather app but I find the built in one is more accurate. Although that's not to say there aren't better ones out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

yr.no is good and windty is an interesting take on a weather app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭C3PO

Idleater wrote: »
    yr.no is good and windty is an interesting take on a weather app

Yep .. I find YR the most consistently accurate weather app!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Weather Underground has a nice feature called Smart Forecasts in it that you can set variables depending on activity.
    For cycling you might have...
    • 0-25kph wind
    • 0%-50% chance of rain
    • 5-15 degrees C
    ..as your preferences. You can even set an "Acceptable" and "ideal" range.

It then shows you a timeline bar chart when conditions are most preferable. I don't use it for cycling as I'll commute in any weather, but it's good for drone flying :) For longer spins it's useful to gauge what time to head out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I use Weather Live on iPhone. The rain map is very accurate up to 24hrs in advance.

I then use Windy for wind speed/direction, it's also very very accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd be a fan of yr.no. I find it quite accurate. If rain is forecast I'll also use the Met Éireann rainfall radar before I suit up.

Also, while it's not available on the Met Éireann app, I find the short term forecast on their website to be excellent for wind and rain forecasts. It's a pity they don't have this available on the app.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I find yr to be inaccurate myself but windy is never far off.

Advertisement