Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it the water or my hairdresser? Help!!!

Options
  • 21-08-2017 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Not sure if i am posting this in the correct forum so apologies if i am not.
    I moved back from London about 6 months ago and since i moved back my hair has never been in such bad condition. I have highlighted hair but have had it highlighted for 15 years and it was been fine. Not it is so so dry, limp and just looks awful! My hairdresser said it is the water that is causing it, and i live in the Ranelagh area and the hairdresser said the water is hard around there. The apartment that i am living in is in older building but the water doesn't seem to be hard, as in there is no lime in the kettle......I'm not sure how else i would check. Even if it is hard water we had that at home and it never made my hair go like this :( I go to a well known hairdresser but the colour i am getting there is nice for about a week or so and then gets brassy. I know i can buy the purple shampoos to lift the colour but want to address the issue. Should i try a new hairdresser or is it more likely to be the water in the shower?
    any help or advice would be so so appreciated as i just HATE my hair at the moment :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

London generally has hard water. Maybe Ranelagh has soft water and this is the reason.

I can't see that products the salon are using would be an issue unless they use products not generally used or are using products not suited for your hair

Maybe try a new salon for wash and blowdry and ask for their opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You might be better off posting in the Ladies Lounge
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1011

Advertisement