Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Leaving cert Points improvements

Options
  • 21-08-2017 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys. I am repeating my LC this year and i got a horrible 300 . I was aiming for 450 as i did well in my pres and i choked in the actual leaving cert.

I performed poorly due to crammimg.
    My aim for 2018 is 510. I know my expectations are ridiclous.
    I am driven this year and i wish to study as soon as my course starts.
    I would like to do finance in ucc.

So i am wondering is it possible to get 510 after this poor result.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ubisoft5

Are you sure that your 300 points results are due to cramming? It's not that hard. In college for some courses you might have to know a book off by hard to get a good grade and that book is only for a semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Hey guys. I am repeating my LC this year and i got a horrible 300 . I was aiming for 450 as i did well in my pres and i choked in the actual leaving cert.

I performed poorly due to crammimg.
    My aim for 2018 is 510. I know my expectations are ridiclous.
    I am driven this year and i wish to study as soon as my course starts.
    I would like to do finance in ucc.

So i am wondering is it possible to get 510 after this poor result.

A friend of mine who repeated this year went from 385 to 508/509 (I can't remember). If you're willing to work there's no limit on how much better you can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Therepeat98

that is amazing . just what I needed

Advertisement