Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AMA wish list! I'd really like to hear from...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

or a psychic ?

I knew you were going to ask that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

No need to ask the questions at all :D

Just post a blank and go with the flow !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I’m a big Donald Trump as US president supporter.  Campaigned for him in 2016 and will do so again in 2020.  Seems most here on Boards.ie can’t understand how anybody could ever be a supporter, and the mods in the politics forum act upon their clear bias (and abuse their power) against anybody who supports him.  Don’t know if anybody would be interested in hearing from (rather than yelling at) a Trump supporter.  8-)

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

notobtuse wrote: »
    I’m a big Donald Trump as US president supporter. Campaigned for him in 2016 and will do so again in 2020. Seems most here on Boards.ie can’t understand how anybody could ever be a supporter, and the mods in the politics forum act upon their clear bias (and abuse their power) against anybody who supports him. Don’t know if anybody would be interested in hearing from (rather than yelling at) a Trump supporter. 8-)

Awesome+one+putin+approves+_cf294ffdf12d5f676c14d98b39368625.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’m a big Donald Trump as US president supporter.  Campaigned for him in 2016 and will do so again in 2020.  Seems most here on Boards.ie can’t understand how anybody could ever be a supporter, and the mods in the politics forum act upon their clear bias (and abuse their power) against anybody who supports him.  Don’t know if anybody would be interested in hearing from (rather than yelling at) a Trump supporter.  8-)

Awesome+one+putin+approves+_cf294ffdf12d5f676c14d98b39368625.jpg
    Oh, bother.  So typical!  In a couple of days Mueller should be rendering judgment on the two most important aspects of his original inquiry (not the witch hunt he has now taken up)…  Whether there were clear incidents of collusion between Russia and Trump's 2016 campaign, and whether the president took any actions that constitute obstruction of justice.  I forecast both charges will be rendered null and void.  But it doesn’t matter because as C.H. Surgeon said… “A lie will go round the world while truth is pulling its boots on.”  And lies in politics don’t ever seem to end, especially regarding Trump.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Oh, bother.  So typical!  In a couple of days Mueller should be rendering judgment on the two most important aspects of his original inquiry (not the witch hunt he has now taken up)…  Whether there were clear incidents of collusion between Russia and Trump's 2016 campaign, and whether the president took any actions that constitute obstruction of justice.  I forecast both charges will be rendered null and void.  But it doesn’t matter because as C.H. Surgeon said… “A lie will go round the world while truth is pulling its boots on.”  And lies in politics don’t ever seem to end, especially regarding Trump.

Page 25, section 3a, paragraph 3 of the pot kettle black act address’s your comments on “lies against Trump” comprehensively and definitelively.

Incidentally if the mueller investigation clears Trump I would imagine that Trump will cease calling it a witch-hunt and re-brand it as proof he never lies and is a victim of anything negative said against him. Kind of like the way Trump asked the Russians and FBI to prove crooked Hilary as bad but when it turned around on him it was a witch-hunt... Amazing how he’s a victim but when the same thing is happening to others it’s a righteous investigation to uncover corruption.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Mod: There are enough threads and forums for discussing Trump. Let's leave this thread to suggestions of people, professions, etc. that posters would like to hear about in an AMA please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

how about someone who's famous ? not Mickey Mouse famous that only niche people would know, someone who might be lurking here (or that someone on here knows and could recruit) who is definitely recognizable by most in Ireland. (and maybe not a sports man/woman either, that would be limiting the thing)

It wouldn't be about trying to find out who it is, but about finding out how notoriety is affecting them in their every day life.

Or someone who's a billionaire or over.

Maybe these have been done, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

A Judge, would be nice to pick their brain about how/why they award people 500, 000 euro settlements for their own stupidity

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

You're hired :pac:
    For the Hallowe'en vibe, could you get a paranormal investigator, Niamh?
    I have tried a couple of avenues for this but no luck yet :( If anyone knows anyone that practices paranormal investigation, let me know. I've one more idea of where I might contact one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Any chance we could get someone from christmasFM?

I’m sure the work that goes behind the station could be an interesting thread and in time for their November launch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Loughc wrote: »

I’m sure the work that goes behind the station could be an interesting thread and in time for their November launch :)

Would also ask 'em how they don't go doo lally having to listen to and play Christmas music for about two months.......

Given majority of stuff people want is well known they also have to try unearth lesser known tunes too because listening to same old same old would be soul destroying.

"How many times did we play Last Christmas today" "Once an hour makes it twenty four..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Would love to hear from someone inside prison. Although they'd have to explain how they got on to boards to answer questions

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Would love to hear from someone inside prison. Although they'd have to explain how they got on to boards to answer questions

We've previously had an AMA with a Prison Officer and an ex-prisoner which were both very popular. I'm not sure how I'd go about contacting someone in prison right now (or if it'd be allowed!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I'm not sure how I'd go about contacting someone in prison right now (or if it'd be allowed!)

Perhaps a prison officer might know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Maybe not paranormal investigation but maybe one of these self proclaimed psychics that charges people a fee to cure them of ailments through their magic healing hands and whatnot. Have you ever had a psychic on?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

They've looked into the future and seen how the thread would go :D

(seriously though, no we haven't)

Hey guys, we've a few more AMAs lined up between now and the end of the year but we have plenty of space for more!

If you think you'd like to do one, please fill in this form, contact me by PM or email niamh@boards.ie.

I'd love to get a few more good ones to round off what has been a really good year for AMAs.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Noble Korhedron

Hey guys, we've a few more AMAs lined up between now and the end of the year but we have plenty of space for more!

If you think you'd like to do one, please fill in this form, contact me by PM or email niamh@boards.ie.

I'd love to get a few more good ones to round off what has been a really good year for AMAs.

Thanks!
    A current member of the Defence Forces, so we can see if all the criticism is true...?

A current member of the Defence Forces, so we can see if all the criticism is true...?

As far as I am aware, they are not permitted to do anything like an AMA. Matters of national security, etc. I'm not sure if that extends to members who have left the defence forces, mind you.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »

That's up now here.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Possibly someone who works behind the scenes for Big Brother? (The reality show!)
    Or a past housemate....or Rylan!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,709 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A roadie who toured with a famous act

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

You had a sex worker on once, I would love to hear from a "John" that uses prostitutes regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Curious Scot

Ideally, I would like to hear from a man who's married/in a relationship and who has had an affair with another woman who may be attached or not.

Along the same lines, I would like to see an A.M.A. with someone who's in a 'Friends with benefits' relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Curious Scot

Ideally, I would like to hear from a man who's married/in a relationship and who has had an affair with another woman who may be attached or not.

Along the same lines, I would like to see an A.M.A. with someone who's in a 'Friends with benefits' relationship.

N.B. A minor change to my post:

Ideally, I would like to hear from a man who's married/in a relationship and who has had OR IS HAVING an affair with another woman who may be attached or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Driving test examiner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

An interview with all 3 Trillion Employees/Journalists of the Liberal be too much to ask for?

Oh, ok then, just the main lad in Liberal Towers.....

So many questions; so little chance of getting an honest answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

A current or former driver tester!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

A funeral director please?

Advertisement