Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AMA wish list! I'd really like to hear from...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

A Roman Catholic priest please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

A wedding chauffeur.
    Someone with juicy stories about advice from father of the bride or last ditch attempts to dissuade.
    Then interesting conversations between the bride and groom after the ceremony.
    Do they bitch about any guests outfits?
    Get up to any naughty antics?

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Curious Scot

A convicted tax evader?

A Naturist?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

A bully that someone has stood up to

• Advertisement

The leader of a small political party that is preparing for local/national election, e.g. Jeff Rudd of United People

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

The leader of a small political party that is preparing for local/national election, e.g. Jeff Rudd of United People

Or Irexit-Freedom to Prosper, Anti-Corruption Ireland, Aontú, National Party either too.

None of above; incl. United Ireland're registered; would love to know why/not from them, their leaders etc.

Would also love to here from people running from them (though not necessarily their leaders, perhaps first time candidates and their motivations, the barriers they face in terms of funding which, even though I disagree with them in terms of beliefs or actions they take, I think the field should be a lot fairer in terms of funding; it's why we will constantly have a FF-FG merry dance with a few turns on dance floor with some others on occasion).

Also Identity Ireland; our only Far Right Political Party, registered anyway unlike the others mentioned.

Would like to know do they feel their thunder has been stolen somewhat by the emergence of those I've mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Censored11

John Delaney?
    Could ye imagine. There would be 500 pages of questions, and not one answer.

United Ireland are registered.

Good question about the other ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 magdovon

has anyone had voodoo done??

• Advertisement

magdovon wrote: »
    has anyone had voodoo done??

Anyone who's used a Ouija board and what (if anything) the outcome was.

An AMA with a rat/mouse/vermin catcher. It's a big business now and we're all familiar with at least one company's name. I was talking with one recently and the stories he was telling me about the hygiene conditions in pubs, hotels, restaurants that he is called out to inspect (often after somebody threatens the owner with being reported).

And not just places in poor areas. Some really well known,"respectable" businesses and the landlords of their premises totally neglecting basic hygiene because it would cost too much to fix problems with particular buildings.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

You're giving me the willies there Fuaranach, I saw a rat on a busy Dublin street in the middle of the day for I think the first time ever last week. Yuck.

Pest control is now added to my ever-growing list!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

You're giving me the willies there Fuaranach, I saw a rat on a busy Dublin street in the middle of the day for I think the first time ever last week. Yuck.

Pest control is now added to my ever-growing list!

Google the Ramore restaurant in Portrush...

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Google the Ramore restaurant in Portrush...

I knew I was going to regret that...and I do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

What about a govt minister or a spy? Or a con artist?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What about a govt minister? Or a con artist?

What's the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

DrPhilG wrote: »
    What's the difference?

Only 1 genuinely works for a living :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

It's been awhile since this.
    Any plans to do another?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »
    A Judge, would be nice to pick their brain about how/why they award people 500, 000 euro settlements for their own stupidity

A retired judge or criminal law barrister would be good.

Also lots of Irish are working in Brussels/Strasbourg as political lobbyists, could be interesting too.

On ex-Defence Forces- perhaps Tom Clonan who writes about national security for the IT, Journal, etc. might consider it.

• Advertisement

Someone who is or has been in a polyamorous relationship.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    It's been awhile since this.
    Any plans to do another?

We've nothing like that planned at the moment, no. I don't think there would be much interest in to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

We've nothing like that planned at the moment, no. I don't think there would be much interest in to be honest!

Ok, I see... twas fun to have my question answered on the vid anyway :D glad it was fun for you and Dav at the time (from what was said in the last post on that thread)... Just thought it would be cool to do a "meet the new community manager" since y'all have been proactive with monthly announcements etal, but I get it... it's a new day so. :) Thanks for the reply Niamh. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Only 1 genuinely works for a living :)

You think I asked about the two in post for nothing?

Nah i would genuinely be interested in something like a 'catch me if you can character' or 'The Sting' being interviewed. :)

A few quick AMA's- just a few days about actually "normal, everyday" people- I think there would be great interest in these type of threads....

Someone who drives a taxi (think this was done already)

Someone who's a voluntary Rock concert steward

Someone who plays in an orchestra

Someone who fixes washing machines

^^^ there's a few to get going- won't last more than a few pages but it would be interesting nevertheless.

the "ordinary" can sometimes be more interesting than the "extraordinary".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Director or producer who made an Irish feature film that never got released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Someone in the either territorial or foreign army?

Someone who works in airport? At any level, ground staff, pilot, security, quarantine,
    Behind the scene jobs we wouldn't even think of.

Someone who works in radio?

Someone who works in accommodation?

Someone who works on an oil rig?

Someone who's been to Antarctica or a mountaineer?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

deise08 wrote:

The oil rig was done recently, about the 3rd last AMA, quite interesting too

Thanks for the suggestions everyone :)
    deise08 wrote: »
    Someone in the either territorial or foreign army?
    I don't think anyone in the army (Irish army anyway are permitted to do something like this.
    Someone who works in airport? At any level, ground staff, pilot, security, quarantine,
    Behind the scene jobs we wouldn't even think of.

Someone who works in radio?
    These could both be interesting.
    Someone who works in accommodation?
    This could cover a lot of accommodation questions: Now ye're talking - to a hotelier
    As mentioned, we've done this one recently: Now ye're talking - to an off-shore oil rig worker
    Someone who's been to Antarctica or a mountaineer?
    This one might interest you: Now ye're talking - to a Boardsie climbng to Everest Base Camp

• Advertisement

A nun or someone studying for nunhood?

Advertisement