Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanic Experience & great hotel with pool

Options
  • 21-08-2017 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I am hoping to book a two night break to Belfast in the near future and was wondering about a really nice hotel to stay in! It is a special birthday so I am happy to pay a little bit more for a break away but ideally that they hotel would have a nice pool also.

Also could anyone recommend another tourist spot worth a visit while there! I've already done the taxi tour around city! We plan at moment to do the titanic experience. Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Oldstyle1 wrote: »
    I am hoping to book a two night break to Belfast in the near future and was wondering about a really nice hotel to stay in! It is a special birthday so I am happy to pay a little bit more for a break away but ideally that they hotel would have a nice pool also.

Also could anyone recommend another tourist spot worth a visit while there! I've already done the taxi tour around city! We plan at moment to do the titanic experience. Thanks again

Nomadic is a must if you're doing Titanic. Unfortunately they're separate concerns and you can't get a joint ticket.

HMS Caroline is just up the road if you want to keep up the nautical theme...

Lots of good hotels in town, though I don't know which ones have pools or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Can't think that there are many hotels in the city with a pool so that could be a problem if it is important.

Probably the nicest hotel in the city is the Merchant, great hotel, within walking distance of all the shopping and surrounded by great bars and restaurants. The own a sister hotel called The Bullitt, an industrial trendy feel about it, stayed there recently and would go back. Right in the city, car park across the street and walk out the front door into the main city shopping areas, great bar/restaurant a few doors down called bootleggers.

Other options include The Fitzwilliam and Malmaison, both handy enough to walk into the city centre.

Have stayed in them all but would have to say that The Merchant would be top of that list especially if it is a treat and you are talking someone special with you, although you do pay for it.

If somewhere nice with a pool you could look at the Culloden, although this is out of the city so means heading into town by car or taxi if you don't plan on lounging about the hotel for the couple of days.

If you are driving and want to head out and about the coast road round the Antrim coast is a great drive, Cushendall, Cushendun, Ballycastle, Glens of Antrim, the rope bridge, Giants Causeway, bring a picnic and take a leisurely drive. If the weather is good it is as good a drive as you will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Seconding the Nomadic and the Merchant.

I've taken a few people on the Belfast bus tour, and they all said it was very interesting and very different to other city bus tours, due to our troubled history

A walk up the cavehill on a dry day is great - amazing views of the city and lough. On your way up, you can stop in the tea rooms in Belfast castle for a cuppa, or pop a few minutes up the road to Belfast zoo.

The Ulster folk and transport museum at Cultra is great too

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

I'm not a huge fan of the Titanic experience, I personally found the Ulster transport museum just out the bangor road a much better option. The Titanic exhibit was great, better than what i seen in the titanic center, and a better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

IP freely wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of the Titanic experience, I personally found the Ulster transport museum just out the bangor road a much better option. The Titanic exhibit was great, better than what i seen in the titanic center, and a better price.

Been up to the Ulster Transport museum twice in the last 10 years - well worth the trip out to it. Great place for all ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Few places I've thought were good;
    • Titanic Segway tour
    • Ulster Museum
    • Belfast Castle
    • St. George's Market
    • Day trip to Bangor (weather permitted)
    • a meal in granny annies
    I've a few other places further afield, depending on how far you were willing to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

I am looking for some advice as planning a trip to Belfast June Bank Holiday Weekend. I was planning to visit the Titanic experience and stay for two nights in a nice Hotel close by.

Never been to Belfast so if anyone can recommend a Hotel ...Budget of around 400 - 450 for two nights B & B for double room ...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check https://lidl-breaks.ie/ for hotels
    Radisson Blu Hotel Belfast is a few hundred on there

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Thanks...

I just booked the Radison Yesterday

Advertisement