Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarehall/ Temple view

Options
  • 21-08-2017 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all,

Thinking about buying a house in Temple View area in Clarehall - any advise on what the area is like? It is very close to Darndale, is Donaghmede better?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note: Moved to the Dublin City forum, which covers the area you're asking about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

I'm from Donaghmede and my girlfriend is from Clarehall and we live in Belmayne so I'll try answer a few questions.

It's not too close to Darndale maybe 5-10mins in a car. The area is generally safe but like anywhere there's a few trouble makers (this would be out the front of the estate) but there mainly teenagers and I've personally never had any hassle.

Your close to Clarehall and Donaghmede shopping centres for your shopping and there's a small spar just in the entrance to the estste where you can buy day to day things.

If you want to go to town you can get the 27 or the 15 from the Clarehall road or walk up to the Malahide road to get more buses into the city centre or to Swords and Malahide.

Clarehall is a nice area to live in and the estate is very settled, for me Donaghmede had the upper hand because you can get the 29a into the city centre or you can walk down and get the dart. Also Donaghmede has a pub (The Donaghmede Inn) Clarehall doesn't.

To be honest both places are fairly settles and there's not much trouble around them. If you have any questions just ask :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Buckfast W wrote: »
    If you want to go to town you can get the 27 or the 15 from the Clarehall road or walk up to the Malahide road to get more buses into the city centre or to Swords and Malahide.
    Note that the 15 is much more direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Victor wrote:
    Note that the 15 is much more direct.

Yeah the 15 is much quicker because the 27 goes around Darndale and comes back out onto the Malahide road. So I'd always go for the 15 over the 27

Advertisement