Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan Insurance Abroad?

Options
  • 21-08-2017 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello,

I would like to know how long a campervan insurancce covers abroad as I want to spend 6 months in Spain.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You have the legal minimum in every EEA country for the term of the policy. Fully comp and any other benefits are at the discretion of the insurer.

Dolmen cover Europe. Unlike car policies in Éire that can't be dealing with complications like unnotified water crossings.
    Pretty standard for other European countries to cover other European countries.

You'll need a bail bond thingy for Spain, your insurer can provide it before you go.
    It's their policy to arrest you first & ask questions later.

They use their horns like turn signals....don't get upset I thought they were all mental...mirrors aren't great in intense sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Dolmen cover Europe. Unlike car policies in Éire that can't be dealing with complications like unnotified water crossings.
    Pretty standard for other European countries to cover other European countries.

You'll need a bail bond thingy for Spain, your insurer can provide it before you go.
    It's their policy to arrest you first & ask questions later.

They use their horns like turn signals....don't get upset I thought they were all mental...mirrors aren't great in intense sun.
    Dolmen include the bail bond in the policy booklet wording. So there's no need to do anything if you are with them. Don't know about it the others.

http://www.dolmen-insurance.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Camper-Scheme-Total-Package-NB-2017-RoI-27.02.17.pdf

Advertisement