Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear Effect Reinvented

Options

Comments

Brilliant news. First one is a classic, I still remember being blown away by the helicopter boss in the first level. Never saw anything like it before

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great news, that was such a class game from back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

And there's that kickstarter game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Were the originals any good? All I remember was the art style was funky and it had lesbians in it but the actual games were kind of mediocre.

They were certainly good when i was 10-11.
    Gameplay was nothing groundbreaking but they told a good story with plenty of twists and turns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I finished them both back in the day, which was more than could be said for half my PS1 library!

I watched a compilation of all the cutscenes from the first game earlier on YouTube to see if the game was as good as I remembered. In fairness to it, it does have some of the better voice acting on PS1. I was a bit worried it might be in Jill sandwich territory but no, it holds up fairly well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Isn't this the game with a pile of sexual references targeted at tenage boys ?

That describes several games mate

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Isn't this the game with a pile of sexual references targeted at tenage boys ?

Fear Effect 2 had prominent marketing regarding Hana & Rain being lesbians (and a pretty fun scene midway through the game) but that's pretty much it.

They traded more on supernatural horror & sci-fi tropes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    All I remember was the art style was funky and it had lesbians in it but the actual games were kind of mediocre.

I think that and XIII are the first kind of 3D cel shaded games I can remember....or that stood out to me in my PS magazines at least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I think that and XIII are the first kind of 3D cel shaded games I can remember....or that stood out to me in my PS magazines at least.

Wacky Races on the Dreamcast waa followed closely by jet set radio.

Fear Effect definitely wasn't cel shaded but had some really great texture work that made it resemble a cartoon as best the PS1 could do at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So what, it's Shadowrun with Archer cutscenes?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks nowhere near as epic as Shadowrun :) I don't like the look of that video above. I see they are releasing 2 games, is that the crappy mobile version?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was wondering why I didn't recognise the gameplay. It's changed completely from the original. Not sure if I like it...

The reviews have not been kind to this unfortunately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Doesn't look all that great anyway, combat looks rubbish.

Advertisement