Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance

Options
  • 21-08-2017 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi just wondering can you insure a van privately

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Technically you can however you likely will have difficulty finding an insurer willing to do it.

Why would you insure a commercial vehicle as a private one?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Redfence74

I think a van would be handier to have ...more room for bikes and stuff...but I won't be doing anything commercial with it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I actually think sole term "commercial" vehicle is wrong.

If we talk about vans or trucks they are goods vehicles.
    Fact that vast majority of those are used for commercial purposes, caused word "commercial" being heavily used in relation to those vehicles both for tax and insurance purposes, but don't think it's a correct term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 adamwalker

Yes, An insurance company can do it. It is valuable for your van. You can take vehicle insurance for this purpose. Even with a vehicle insurance, you can cover not only your van but others vehicle too. Vans can be used for the commercial purpose, so you can buy commercial insurance also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement