Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto renewal of car insurance AXA

Options
  • 21-08-2017 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I have my policy with AXA.
    Also my missus but she is with AIB axa.
    She switched to AXA as we noticed it was cheaper. Incredibly this company has taken out two policies in her name as the aib axa policy has an autorenew ! Never heard of an auto renew and never received documents stating this . Also no reminder by post which is very poor and quite deceptive. Anyone else heard of this. Having two policies !
    I think the auto renew lark stinks. Even 123 would have the courtesy to send a renewal letter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Under Non-Life Insurance (Provision of Information) (Renewal of Policy of Insurance) Regulations 2007 (SI No. 74/2007) your motor insurance company must issue your insurance renewal notice not less than 15 working days before the date of expiry of your insurance policy.

Are you sure she didn't get a Renewal Pack ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

She switched to AXA as we noticed it was cheaper.
    and
    Also no reminder by post
    Did you not have to send off proof of NCB which would have been in the renewal notice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

pinkles wrote: »
    She switched to AXA as we noticed it was cheaper. Incredibly this company has taken out two policies in her name as the aib axa policy has an autorenew ! Never heard of an auto renew and never received documents stating this . Also no reminder by post which is very poor and quite deceptive. Anyone else heard of this. Having two policies !
    I think the auto renew lark stinks. Even 123 would have the courtesy to send a renewal letter.

Is she paying by direct debit?

It's industry standard practice that DD customers will be auto renewed unless the policy holder advises the insurer otherwise.

Details of it will be in your renewal notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pinkles

Is she paying by direct debit?

It's industry standard practice that DD customers will be auto renewed unless the policy holder advises the insurer otherwise.

Details of it will be in your renewal notice.

yes indeed she is direct debit. but she explainned to AXA by phone that she was leaving AIB - AXA as AXA alone was a betterrquote.
    they said to her that is fine but proceeded to double charge her including deposits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

pinkles wrote:
    yes indeed she is direct debit. but she explainned to AXA by phone that she was leaving AIB - AXA as AXA alone was a betterrquote. they said to her that is fine but proceeded to double charge her including deposits.

You have to cancel the policy with AIB. Because it's a direct debit it automatically auto renews and takes money from you .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

pinkles wrote: »

1st off AXA hasn't opened ANY policies . They are incepted BY the insured ...

On the base of the cover page renewal notice from AIB it states - if you are happy with your renewal, nothing else has to be done, we will renew this policy by direct debit as prior authorised to do by you. If needed to stop please contact us 7-days before renewal date so that we may inform your bank of this decision.

AIB/AXA would have either issued the annual insurance Cert in the post or via email depending on policy type u requested..

If the Cert was issued before you choose to move from AIB, you would be required to return Same to AIB to prove u weren't driving around with Cert !'

Return the Cert pack with written request to cancel from renewal and attach a copy of new policy Cert to aib so that there can stop at renewal. Then forward the NCB that was attached to AIB renewal direct to AXA , Wolfe tone house, Wolfe tone street, dub 1 !!

Advertisement