Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent negotiation?

Options
  • 21-08-2017 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am currently contemplating the move to Naas/ Sallins/ Newbridge. Is the rent situation similar to Dublin or would there be some room for negotiation?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

you can always try and haggle but in areas with high demand the owners are not going to budge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Don't know about sallins or Newbridge but here in naas demand for decent places is pretty high. I think most places go for asking price rent wise

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

It depends a bit on what you're hoping to rent. A room in a house / apartment or the whole property? There are a lot of owner occupied houses in Newbridge where they rent out a room or two to help with the mortgage. There probably wouldn't be too much room for haggling but if you could convince them you would be a hassle free tenant they might offer a slight reduction. I was renting in Newbridge up until last year, renting a two bed apartment was €850 per month. There are luxury apartments in Whitewater in the centre of town that cost around €900 -€1000 per month. So the prices are creeping up but probably still less ridiculous than Dublin

Advertisement