Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albanian Currency

• 21-08-2017 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

Is there any site / place I can sell Albanian currency on? It's a restricted currency which you cannot get outside the country. None of the Irish exchange bureaus take it.

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
    Denise

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

neeoc wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there any site / place I can sell Albanian currency on? It's a restricted currency which you cannot get outside the country. None of the Irish exchange bureaus take it.

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
    Denise

Perhaps track down some local Albanian ex-pats and see if they will do a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Good luck with that. Having lived in Albania for a while they can be pretty tight on capital controls. They keep carbon copies of receipts of all currency you buy in the country. If you've managed to leave the country with some currency, you probably won't be able to sell it to an institution.

How much do you have? I have a few friends who work there pretty often.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 neeoc

Hey I have 9,000 LEKE if that's any good?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Hey I have 9,000 LEKE if that's any good?

I'd happily give you 30 Groats for that amount.

I'd happily give you 30 Groats for that amount.

What are Groats? I’ll take 30 EUR?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What are Groats? I’ll take 30 EUR?

Sorry it's Groats or nothing.

Sorry it's Groats or nothing.

I’ll take nothing from you thanks

Advertisement