Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using same account on 2 PS4s interchangeably

Options
  • 21-08-2017 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,741 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to be getting a second PS4 for another property and it will be a PS4 Pro as I have a Slim already.

I want the Slim to remain in one property, and the Pro will be in the other place.

I understand that in order to download my games to the other PS4 Pro I need to set that as the primary is that correct?

After I do that, can I continue to use the Slim as normal when I'm back home, or does the Pro need to be deactivated?

Say I'll be switching between them every 2 months or so but I want them to remain installed in their respective locations and not transporting them around.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No need to deactivate anything.

On one console set main account as primary.
    On 2nd console also set up your main account, you now have access to all your games on both consoles.

My pro has my Irish account as primary and my launch has my US account as primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If I own a digital game and log into my brother's PS4 as a guest with my own account can I play the game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If I own a digital game and log into my brother's PS4 as a guest with my own account can I play the game?

Yes, you can access any of your games on any PS4 you log into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

F1ngers wrote: »

You make it sound so simple but in a few weeks from now gomli will be back explaining how after he put the bread in his brothers toaster and pressed the lever, it still came out untoasted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

F1ngers wrote: »
    dudeeile wrote: »
    You make it sound so simple but in a few weeks from now gomli will be back explaining how after he put the bread in his brothers toaster and pressed the lever, it still came out untoasted.

Instructions for Gimli:

Step 1: Enter account details on Brothers PS4.
    Step 2: Do not set as active primary console.
    Step 3: Enjoy playing on your bro's non 4k ps4
    Step 4: Get drunk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah I'm not great with technology. If something doesn't work I have a fairly limited work around.
    Turn it off and on again.
    Did that work?

Yes :)
    No. Shake it.
    Did that work?

Yes :)
    No. Buy a new one.

Advertisement