Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European freight shipping madness

Options
  • 22-08-2017 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I have to transport a few hundred pallets of product from Austria.

The freight cost has really surprised me, seeing as I have only dealt with shipping from China in the past. I will need about 5 x 40ft lorries and the freight cost by road is in +€12,000 much to my surprise! In the past i have shipped from china for 2,000 - 2,500 per 40ft container.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas on how to reduce this cost?
    Sending the containers by sea in southern europe etc?
    Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Send a pm to Rudolf289 and he will point you in the right direction
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=222187#

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭businessdit

Axwell wrote: »
    Send a pm to Rudolf289 and he will point you in the right direction
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=222187#

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Hello, I work for a medium sized Irish owned freight forwarder and we carry 7-8 containers every week from Austria for one of our large customers so I am familiar with this trade lane.. the cost is similar to freight from China as land transport is more expensive than sea transport but on the plus side the rates normally include all costs unlike deep sea freight..

The price you have been give 2400/load seems very good and looks like it might be for sea freight via Rotterdam rather than by truck, which would cost approx 3500/load..
    If you want to PM me with the below details I can get you a quote..
    Collection address:
    delivery address:
    Commodity:
    Pallet counts/weights

Advertisement