Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning runners (wrong colour) to Sports company.

Options
  • 22-08-2017 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I bought a pair of brand runners from a UK sports company delivered to Ireland. Items arrived friday but instead of the black and grey I had expected I got navy and grey which are fairly horrendous and will not be worn.

The company will refund if I send back via registered mail within 14 days but not the cost of return postage. This isnt a change of mind in my opinion but a wrong item sent. The problem is the item is no longer availible on their site and my online account and invoice both only mention grey and not black or navy either.

So can I claim back through paypal as an item recieved not as described and get a full refund and no loss to myself and throw the runners in to a charity shop or somewhere or alternatively just bite the bullet and send the items back and get a refund (hopefully) at a loss of 15 euro or so to myself?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If it a wrong item and they sent to your address here (not Parcel Motel) then they are 100% obliged to give full refund and arrange collection themselves are re-imburse you for your costs sending back.

Thatis EU law and until March 2019, they must adhere to EU distance selling regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Why did you expect the runners in black and grey? Did the original description say black and grey or did you just see a picture of the runners and they looked black and grey. In the later case, you have a change of mind, as the picture probably showed them in navy and you mistook them for black. If the description said black and grey, you have a case as stated above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement