Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big phone in pocket!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭positron

Planet X wrote: »
    Do you guys "text" whilst cycling???

Texting?! We are not that old fashioned you know!! Odd tweats and instagram may be! ;)

/sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

'Is that a big phone in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

You could sew in a couple of little snap fastners, or Velcro and that'll stop out popping out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

I've a galaxy s7 edge and was wary of jerseys without zip pocket but it's been fine. If worried putting the phone on its side will wedge it into the pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Maybe as a popper to the top of the pocket?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Radical idea, but… leave phone at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Was the phone lying horizontal or vertical in you pocket when it came out?
    Less inclined to do so if horizontal I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Sounds like your jersey is too loose and/or hasn't got silicone grippers at the hem. Only time anything has threatened to pop out of my jersey is under these conditions. A sufficiently tight jersey, with silicone grippers keeps the pocket stretched and stuff is less likely to jump out. Loads of other advice in the thread worth taking too. If your phone is too big for a sandwich bag, get some of the bigger Ikea ones. I use them - they last for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Chuchote wrote: »
    Radical idea, but… leave phone at home?
    What madness is this? A human moving around the earth without a connected device is like a baby crawling through a minefield on the moon.

Lumen wrote: »
    What madness is this? A human moving around the earth without a connected device is like a baby crawling through a minefield on the moon.

Pfft, I've offered two perfectly sensible suggestions - a cargo bike to carry this enormous phone, or leave the damn thing at home, and all I get is carping :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭HowItsMade

have a look at the dhb gear on wiggle, a lot of the jerseys and jackets have a vertical zip pocket on the right pocket on the back.

dead handy as it keeps the phone directly off your back and it won't fall out...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Hauki

https://bellroy.com/products/all-conditions-phone-pocket/leather_plus/black#image-0

I've got one of these for the phone, cards and money. Keeps stuff safe&dry and does not fell out of the jersey pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭cw girl

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Yeah that's where it was when it came out... middle pocket (bear in mind I was practically upside down as I hit the brakes so hard)
    I was thinking there might be some snazzy saddle bag with a phone pouch available and of course where better to ask than boards!!

I put mine in a ziplock bag & a safety pin keeps it in place (wouldn't be cycling too fast though), could try 2 pins if necessary!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Hauki wrote: »
    https://bellroy.com/products/all-conditions-phone-pocket/leather_plus/black#image-0

I've got one of these for the phone, cards and money. Keeps stuff safe&dry and does not fell out of the jersey pocket.
    Bit much for the cost surely? Would consider something like that for less than a tenth of that price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭plodder

Lumen wrote: »
    I suppose a phone is useful in an emergency. Maybe the answer is to buy a 20 euro prepaid burner just for the bike. It's small, and if you lose it, no biggy. And also, since nobody else has the number, you can't be annoyed by people calling you while out and about :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

Wear baggies! They have extra large pockets.
    My Samsung Galaxy Note fits into any of the four pockets in my baggies.
    :D

deandean wrote: »
    Wear baggies! They have extra large pockets.
    My Samsung Galaxy Note fits into any of the four pockets in my baggies.
    :D

Lycra baggies? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Chuchote wrote: »
    Lycra baggies? :eek:

Bit of a misnomer.

Advertisement