Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop for collage AGAIN!!!!

• 22-08-2017 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Here we go, looking for a laptop that is easy to get around, won't break easy, will be mooving around, don't need cad, law student, long battery life important, 128/256 ssd, 500hhd min, graphics not too important. I have had a few Lenovos and was happy with them. budget is open but €800 should be the max, €500 would be better.

If €800 is to low, no problem, go for it.

Any ideas on this one. https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/NX.G66EK.004-Acer-Aspire-V15-in-Black_2095447.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

A law student who can't spell college properly, well that's a first....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The one you linked is far from easy to get around. It is 2.4kg in weight, and it's a large machine too.

This is better, and I'd argue it's a better make too:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-ZenBook-UX310UA-FB485T-Notebook-Processor/dp/B01N0ZT626/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503417501&sr=8-1&keywords=ux310ua

I've been looking at that one for a good while now, I'd take the plunge if I had the cash. Good spec for the price. And you can upgrade the RAM and add an additional hard disk if you needed more than 256GB of storage. And to top if off it has a decent battery and its light and small to carry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭septictank

The one you linked is far from easy to get around. It is 2.4kg in weight, and it's a large machine too.

This is better, and I'd argue it's a better make too:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-ZenBook-UX310UA-FB485T-Notebook-Processor/dp/B01N0ZT626/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503417501&sr=8-1&keywords=ux310ua

I've been looking at that one for a good while now, I'd take the plunge if I had the cash. Good spec for the price. And you can upgrade the RAM and add an additional hard disk if you needed more than 256GB of storage. And to top if off it has a decent battery and its light and small to carry.

Thanks, that does look good, I just might jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Can highly recommend acer for college.
    Going into its 4th year of use and never had a problem with it.
    Spent 750 on it and am hoping it will last the 5 years.

Would recommend the i5 processor and 8gb ram to keep things running nicely.

hurler97 wrote: »

Thanks smart ass, not for me, my daughter, apologies I'm dyxlexic or stupid in your book.

• Advertisement

septictank wrote: »
    Thanks, that does look good, I just might jump.
    Check that the model has the memory you specified - there seem to be different versions.

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Can highly recommend acer for college.
    Going into its 4th year of use and never had a problem with it.
    Spent 750 on it and am hoping it will last the 5 years.

Would recommend the i5 processor and 8gb ram to keep things running nicely.

Good to know, I have a Lenovo i5 with 8gb myself, think that's good enough for her needs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

426072.PNG

Seeing as you had to edit your own post because you can't spell 'well' correctly maybe you could cut people some slack. People in glass houses and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

tenor.gif
    426072.PNG

Seeing as you had to edit your own post because you can't spell 'well' correctly maybe you could cut people some slack. People in glass houses and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That Asus Zenbook ux310ua, the one you want is this:

Intel Core-i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

That is what comes up when I click on that link, but just in case it isn't for you. The seller should be Amazon also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That Asus Zenbook ux310ua, the one you want is this:

Intel Core-i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

That is what comes up when I click on that link, but just in case it isn't for you. The seller should be Amazon also.

For the record, septictank, I have a laptop with the same CPU and RAM as this and it flies. You're daughter should be happy with it.

Ordered, thanks guys.

Advertisement