Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chanel shower gel for men

Options
  • 22-08-2017 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Anyone any opinions on Chanel shower gel or deodorant. I bought both and love them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

How much do they cost? Are they a specific fragrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Madnash

The deodorant is 31euro and the shower gel is 33euro.i went for homme sport which I think has a beautiful fragrance and both last all day.

It's Chanel allure homme sport

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Guess who's back?

It might make more sense OP if you explain why you like it and why you feel it's worth the price?

• Advertisement

I like the smell, the long lasting scent. The packaging. The price is good. It's made in France. And yes I'm a brand snob.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

€33 for shower gel is madness, unless the tub it comes in is so big you need a wheelbarrow to get it home.

€33 for shower gel is madness, unless the tub it comes in is so big you need a wheelbarrow to get it home.

That's for a 200ml bottle. And the deodorant is 75ml.I actually think it's not bad. Maybe it's me lol . I also use the deodorant, that's 31euro. I find them both good. I found cheaper ones didn't last long and smell horrible.

Personally I don't like to use fragranced shower gel as they can be quite drying on your skin and I like to use unfragranced deodorant as it can be over powering.
    I prefer to spend my money on good perfumes, easier to switch fragrances as well!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Madnash wrote: »
    That's for a 200ml bottle. And the deodorant is 75ml.I actually think it's not bad. Maybe it's me lol . I also use the deodorant, that's 31euro. I find them both good. I found cheaper ones didn't last long and smell horrible.

That's €165 a litre for the shower gel and a whopping €413 a litre for the deodorant. That's mental money. It'd be cheaper to wash and spray yourself in champagne than that stuff. I honestly can't believe you can't find a cheaper shower gel and deodorant that doesn't smell horrible.

• Advertisement

That's €165 a litre for the shower gel and a whopping €413 a litre for the deodorant. That's mental money. It'd be cheaper to wash and spray yourself in champagne than that stuff. I honestly can't believe you can't find a cheaper shower gel and deodorant that doesn't smell horrible.

Do you think the OP is worried about value for money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Is your name Patrick Bateman by any chance OP? :pac:

I'd prefer a good shower gel (cleans well, soft on skin, etc) than trick myself in to thinking an overpriced branded item is better. But that's just me!

Hang on, is this a humblebrag!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Out of curiosity, has anyone any good alternative for a long lasting shower gel that is not a complete rip off?

Hang on now, it's nothing to do with the cost of it. I don't like cheaper grooming products that's why I am seeing what better grooming products are like. I want to smell good all day. For me it costs what it costs. But if it works isn't it worth it.

me_irl wrote: »

I'd prefer a good shower gel (cleans well, soft on skin, etc) than trick myself in to thinking an overpriced branded item is better. But that's just me!

What's there to brag about lord there only grooming products. I just asked what ppl think of them or are there better ones. I mite be Irish but I've nothing to brag about I wasn't raised that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Thought it was "investment" back from the middle east myself

GingerLily wrote: »
    Do you think the OP is worried about value for money?

What does OP mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Personally I don't like to use fragranced shower gel as they can be quite drying on your skin and I like to use unfragranced deodorant as it can be over powering.
    I prefer to spend my money on good perfumes, easier to switch fragrances as well!

What do you use yourself? Interested in an unfragranced shower gel & deodorant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

frag420 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, has anyone any good alternative for a long lasting shower gel that is not a complete rip off?

A bar of soap.
    Whoever in the body cleaning industry came up with the idea of shower gels is a pure genius. Half of what you pour out of the bottle runs down the drain before you manage to scrub it on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A bar of soap.
    Whoever in the body cleaning industry came up with the idea of shower gels is a pure genius. Half of what you pour out of the bottle runs down the drain before you manage to scrub it on yourself.

But.. but... it smells lovely!

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

A bar of soap.

Long lasting as in the fragrance, like the op I am very very rich and can afford to let some run down the drain ha ha

All joking aside I can never find a shower gel or soap with a fragrance I like that also lasts the day...so if anyone has any suggestions!?

I don't understand why your looking for your shower gel to contain your fragrance? You wash shower gel, and hence the fragrance, off - wouldn't it make much more sense to use a perfume / aftershave after showering?

I don't understand why your looking for your shower gel to contain your fragrance? You wash shower gel, and hence the fragrance, off - wouldn't it make much more sense to use a perfume / aftershave after showering?

No I find the fragrance lasts after the shower lol.

No I find the fragrance lasts after the shower lol.

I think you missed the point!

I think you missed the point!

I understand what you mean alright. But I do like the finer things. That would be like washing with cheap soap then spray on expensive bodyspray/ aftershave afterwards.

I understand what you mean alright. But I do like the finer things. That would be like washing with cheap soap then spray on expensive bodyspray/ aftershave afterwards.

I never mentioned cheap soap?

You also ignored my point about heavily fragranced shower gels being drying to your skin?

Its great that you enjoy spending money on shower gel, but not everyone who chooses not to wash themselves in Chanel does so because of budget concerns.

I wash only with caviar and wipe my arse with fillets of kobe beef.

I wash only with caviar and wipe my arse with fillets of kobe beef.

If ever there was a candidate for a long lasting shower gel...:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I think you can safely dispense with the humble part.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Beauty, please stay on topic

Advertisement