Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Las Vegas - December 2018 (Recommendations please)

• 22-08-2017 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I am looking for recommendations for hotels in Las Vegas please and also who to fly with. I am hoping to get the trip as a gift and want to book a nice hotel in a good location and get the best value.

We will be travelling the first week in December so I am hoping to book flights in the January sales. If anyone can recommend who is the best to book with that would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Expedia.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 c1ans7even

Have stayed in The Linq 3 times in Vegas now, very central location.
    I always use booking.com to get a decent price, even booking a refundable room and keeping an eye if it becomes cheaper again etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ballys is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Watch out for the cowboys in the first week of December, place is full of them for the rodeo finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Will Aer Lingus be running their Vegas route then? Maybe try the saver fare....

For the absolute cheapest fare we went Dublin > London > Vegas. All with BA. for under 400euro pp.

It's 100% better to pay an extra 20$ per night for a hotel that is central because taxis are a rip-off. 20 bucks per trip minimum. You will walk miles every day exploring anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

jme2010 wrote: »

For the absolute cheapest fare we went Dublin > London > Vegas. All with BA. for under 400euro pp.

It's 100% better to pay an extra 20$ per night for a hotel that is central because taxis are a rip-off. 20 bucks per trip minimum. You will walk miles every day exploring anyway.

Aer lingus are doing a Vegas route?

Re taxis, there is Uber and Lyft now and they are a lot cheaper. Usually you get free ride codes when you first download the app too. It's still worth the extra money to stay on the strip though and be within walking distance of everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

jme2010 wrote: »

That was all hype apparently. No direct route is being announced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

December is cheapest month of the year so you should find plenty of deals like here http://www.smartervegas.com/hotels.aspx

Try trivago, booking.com (if you have genius level) etc

If you are a first timer I wouldn't recommend anywhere south of mgm grand (too much walking) or north of Wynn/encore (bit rundown)

5ec1fbdd3fb31908c5b0cff4b6242678--las-vegas-strip-map-hotels-in-las-vegas.jpg

Advertisement