Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for musician

Options
  • 22-08-2017 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi there,

I'm looking for some advice on behalf of my husband. He is a musician and has just bought a van. However, he has rung practically all insurers and they have all declined to insure him. It's very frustrating. Surely there has to be a way that he can get on the road?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

He'll need to get a letter off the insurers that are declining him. The is a group he can forward it to and they'll get a quote arranged for him. However the quote can be unreasonable in itself too.

I can't remember who the group is to complain to off hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

He'll need to get a letter off the insurers that are declining him. The is a group he can forward it to and they'll get a quote arranged for him. However the quote can be unreasonable in itself too.

I can't remember who the group is to complain to off hand.

Declined Cases Committee within Insurance Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

He has just bought a van
    and
    all insurers and they have all declined to insure him
    Is he insured on a private car already or is this is first insurance?

Have they given a reason for declining to insure him?

Is he a full time musician or is it as a sideline?
    Is he looking for Commercial insurance as oppose to private insurance?

If its a commercial policy he may need to go via a broker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Insurers don't like musicians.

Probable late nights.

Venues serving grog.

Possibly carrying valuable equipment so targets for thievery.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

4e6bedba1b71ec085373273ba02e1f2f--champagne-gif-the-blues-brothers.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Bartok

Thanks everybody. We got it sorted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can you tell us more in case someone else in a similar situation has a problem?

Advertisement