Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time build

Options
  • 22-08-2017 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi folks, long time gawker, first time poster in these parts. I have loved gaming all my life but up till now I have never pulled the trigger on a specifically designed gaming machine, maybe €1200 is low in a lot of minds, but compared to the previous pre-built dell desktops it should be a beast.

I have decided to try this way of attaining the pc because if I was to build online in those stores I would no doubt purchase an under preforming unit.

1. What is your budget? €1200

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming (the Division, Hitman, Need for Speed & some simulators etc.) although I am not that big into the ‘newer’ games, I would prefer it to be poosibly over spec’d in areas from the start as I doubt I would be upgrading it later.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? I guess so, internet access etc.?

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No, full new build

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? A good set of speakers would be nice to have. They can be purchased apart from this build but any advice is appreciated.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? If there was a need for it then I would be open to the idea

8. How can you pay? Paypal, Bank Transfer, Cash, Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? As soon as really

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Yes (Wexford), travel & payment not an issue.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement