Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right of way document requested Taking forever

Options
  • 22-08-2017 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just looking for some insight into this, we have went sale agreed on a house. And our solicitor has requested that the seller provide us with a right of way document, It has been over 10 days since the document has been requested and it still hasn't arrived, does anybody know how long this could take and is their anything I can do to speed up things, as this is holding everything .
    any info on this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
    Fox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Fox Hound wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just looking for some insight into this, we have went sale agreed on a house. And our solicitor has requested that the seller provide us with a right of way document, It has been over 10 days since the document has been requested and it still hasn't arrived, does anybody know how long this could take and is their anything I can do to speed up things, as this is holding everything .

Thanks,
    Fox

10 days is nothing. Will take weeks I'd say. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

Askthe EA wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks,
    Fox

10 days is nothing. Will take weeks I'd say. Sorry.
    Yep, you are dead right, I rang the land registry office and it can take up to 4 - 6 weeks, anybody know why it takes so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Yep, you are dead right, I rang the land registry office and it can take up to 4 - 6 weeks, anybody know why it takes so long?

The land registry office is really backed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

Askthe EA wrote: »

The land registry office is really backed up.
    Thanks for the insight,  the other party has sent a letter of Expedite to help get it quicker, Hopefully that works!!

Advertisement