Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance without Irish driver licence

Options
  • 22-08-2017 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Does anyone know if is it possible to get Car Insurance without an Irish Driver License?

If yes, do you have some company to recommend?

Thanks,
    Rodrigo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

EU or outside EU license?

Yes to either but if non EU (example USA) they will treat your license like a provisional so expect a higher premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rodsoa83

non EU - Brazilian.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

yep my daughter has been driving on a full irish driving licence but decidecd not to renew as it was only used for holidays and the renewal was a lot of hassel so i [dad]declared her full american licence so hence loaded 189 euro pa so what do you do oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rodsoa83

I'm looking a lot of companies websites, and most of them don't have the option in their forms for non-EU licenses...

I'm wondering what could be a good company for this case...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

rodsoa83 wrote: »
    I'm looking a lot of companies websites, and most of them don't have the option in their forms for non-EU licenses...

I would visit at least two brokers in your closed town and let them sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

spatchco wrote: »
    yep my daughter has been driving on a full irish driving licence but decidecd not to renew as it was only used for holidays and the renewal was a lot of hassel so i [dad]declared her full american licence so hence loaded 189 euro pa so what do you do oh well

She can renew her full Irish licence within 10 years of the last one expiring without having to redo the test, you need to talk some sense into her.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

rodsoa83 wrote: »

If you have arrive in Ireland more than 12 months ago then the Brazilian licence can't be used anymore. If less then a GNIB car is required to accompany your licence and you'll grtbitish provisional rate(passport can be asked to be seen)

Advertisement