Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale Agreed next steps...

Options
  • 22-08-2017 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

So finally sale agreed & booking deposit paid.
    I have engaged a solicitor, bank are arranging a valuation & I contacted a surveyor .
    My query is in relation to the survey & as to when it should happen. When I spoke to the surveyor he asked me to ask my solicitor if a boundary survey was needed. Rang solicitor & he advised that he has not yet received any paper work & to just concentrate on the loan offer for the moment. Rang back the surveyor & he then tells me that he will contact the solicitor to arrange the survey when necessary.
    Could any one shed any light as to what the process is & the sequence of events... FTB & want to ensure things run smoothly to close out as quick as possible :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jake2

starmc14 wrote: »
    So finally sale agreed & booking deposit paid.
    I have engaged a solicitor, bank are arranging a valuation & I contacted a surveyor .
    My query is in relation to the survey & as to when it should happen. When I spoke to the surveyor he asked me to ask my solicitor if a boundary survey was needed. Rang solicitor & he advised that he has not yet received any paper work & to just concentrate on the loan offer for the moment. Rang back the surveyor & he then tells me that he will contact the solicitor to arrange the survey when necessary.
    Could any one shed any light as to what the process is & the sequence of events... FTB & want to ensure things run smoothly to close out as quick as possible :)

Normally as far as I am aware your solicitor will ask you to do a survey once he receives contracts from vendors solicitor and bank. My solicitor said don't waste money on survey in case they pull out prior to you receiving contracts. Probably unlikely but in case sale doesn't happen you don't want to spend any more money then necessary.

Also the solicitor will tell you exactly what he needs . The bank will send out their contracts once valuation survey has been done and they will put conditions on it such as check they septic tank, property the well outbuildings are within the boundary lines whatever is may be. Then the solicitor will request you get a boundary survey done so he can meet the banks request.

I'd get the bank bits done and house approved and see at that point where your contracts are. It took 6 weeks from sale agreed before I got contracts. Did you set any particular time frame with the vendor ? It's likely you could be waiting a while

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Always wait for the contracts before the engineer. Title documentation will include a site map and one of the engineers jobs is to make sure you are getting what you think you are getting.

Also, if the title is a mess, the solicitor may advise against proceeding at all, no point in paying for an engineer for something you wont buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 starmc14

Thanks a mill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 starmc14

OP again... so all good to go with contracts, no major issues in either survey or title. Have an appointment to sign contracts next Friday.
    My next question is, are all the bank papers signed on the same day? Probably a bit of a silly one but I have asked ppl I know and got conflicting answers!!

Advertisement