Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DirectX 12, Windows 10 and gaming

• 22-08-2017 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've been using Windows 7 and am resisting the move to 10, namely because of the whole tile based interface.

Convince me to jump ship and swim to 10?

Are there enough dedicated titles (forza for example) in windows 10 to justify the leap?
    How is gaming in general on windows 10 as compared to 7? Does Directx12 make as big a difference as was claimed?

Cheers for any and all info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

When you install W10, right click delete, delete, delete etc:

20988487_1518746168164831_8809988206888905485_o.jpg?oh=80334a7c2b265b4c23869801ec40e898&oe=5A12A401

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

W10 is great, it's a very solid progression from W7...do it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

With classic start installed it's pretty similar to be fair.

Hardly any games using DX12 yet though, be a good while before it becomes the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Win10 is fine, no real difference in feel to win, but as stated above D12 is off to a pretty slow start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

OSI wrote: »
    It reverted on a lot of the mistakes Microsoft made with Windows 8.

Brilliant!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    When you install W10, right click delete, delete, delete etc:

How do you mean?
    Shortcuts or programs themselves. That doable with a simple right click now?

Skerries wrote: »

Cheers

Hardly any games using DX12 yet though, be a good while before it becomes the norm.
    Win10 is fine, no real difference in feel to win, but as stated above D12 is off to a pretty slow start.

Yeah, it's only 20 games or so. Saw that list after i made my origional post.

Only ones i'm interested in are Forza and Hitman.

Too much to hope for for PUBG to make the leap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is Battlefield 1 not a Direct X 12 title?

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Is Battlefield 1 not a Direct X 12 title?

It is yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The start menu is easily customised. I, too, hate the look of the default interface. Windows 10 is pretty great, though I do find it a little intrusive. I had quite the battle to stop it from overwriting my graphics drivers with much older ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I've been using Windows 7 and am resisting the move to 10, namely because of the whole tile based interface.

Convince me to jump ship and swim to 10?

Are there enough dedicated titles (forza for example) in windows 10 to justify the leap?
    How is gaming in general on windows 10 as compared to 7? Does Directx12 make as big a difference as was claimed?

Cheers for any and all info.

There really isnt any reason to jump to Windows 10 for DX 12. The only game that has the support is Battlefield 1 and to be honest i cant tell any "improvement" over DX 11/DX12 while playing.

There isnt enough games out there that support DX 12 either.

I seen a video once on this topic and well it confirmed what i thought;
    DX 12 is just not good enough to warrent the hype; (not sure if this video)

Advertisement