Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 push button , 3 bells/ringers

Options
  • 22-08-2017 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

So I am looking to recap some memories:rolleyes:( old guy nearly ? retired). I would like to change my door bell set up so that I can switch the Bell that rings to whichever part of house I am in. If it rings in kitchen it cannot be heard anywhere else. I have 3 areas that we share, kitchen , restroom(s), and outside/back patio and what I would like is when we go to one area, that I flick a switch to make bell ringer sound there and not all 3. The standard transformer may not be up to it/ Am I right? Total distance push button to 'ringer', run 1 less than 8 mtrs
    run 2 no more than 15 mtrs
    run 3 as much as 35/40 mtrs
    Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Assuming that the three ringers may have different voltages, can you wire the push-button to pull in a small three pole relay, then have each ringer switched locally with their own power supply.

(Obviously if a power supply was suitable to run more than one ringer you might not need three power supplies)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Get a wireless bell and move it to where you are ?

Otherwise, what brightspark said.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭perry stanley

Thanks everyone. The one in Amazon does not post/deliver here.
    I like your idea, Brightspark (suitably named :D). And it will keep my grey matter going too.;)

Thanks everyone. The one in Amazon does not post/deliver here.
    I like your idea, Brightspark (suitably named :D). And it will keep my grey matter going too.;)

Google Parcel Motel, Perry. You'll have it shortly if you go that route.

• Advertisement
Advertisement