Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equity release mortgage process

Options
  • 22-08-2017 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

Can you please explain this process as all of our documents were submitted on 2nd August. Since then we've been bounced around several departments who all advise a 3 to 5 days turnaround but fail to mention that there is another department to follow with another 5 day turnaround. We have a builder awaiting payment and despite being fully approved have no idea when we can drawdown. The process is very long for this type of application and very broken with no single contact for the applicant. Very frustrating service. Any information would be great.

Also your website advised that there is no charge for equity release but we were advised of a 650 administration fee. Slightly misleading if you could verify please.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi ChrissyB,

Welcome to Boards, and thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear this.

Can you please send us a Private Message by clicking the link below my signature, as we'd like to look into this further for you.
    Please include your full name, your contact number and any information regarding the people and departments you have been dealing with to date.

If you were in the branch can you please let us know which one, and if you know, the name of the Mortgage advisor you've been dealing with.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ChrissyB

Thank you for your response Jane. I've just sent a PM with full details.

Just want a second PM. Please confirm receipt. Thank you

Hi ChrissyB,

Thanks for your reply.

We're really sorry but we've been checking our inbox all afternoon and have not received a PM yet. I have sent you a PM this afternoon at 14:11, if you can check your inbox and reply there?

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Hi Jane, I sent the reply through the inbox. Has that not come through either?

• Advertisement

Hi Jane, I've sent several messages with details as I think my originals were to long for boards PM service. Please confirm receipt. If you haven't received, please have someone contact me on the number I provided. Thank you

Hi ChrissyB,

Thanks for the reply.

We've received your PM's this afternoon, and will respond shortly.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Hi Jane,
    I have still had no one contact me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

ChrissyB wrote: »
    Hi Jane,
    I have still had no one contact me.

Hi ChrissyB,

Thanks for getting back on to us and sorry to hear this.
    I have sent you an private message with more information on this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement