Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Crisis - Lodgings

Options
  • 23-08-2017 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

So everywhere you looked today there was talk about how much rent has risen and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to afford my own rent (in Dublin) - don't want to move back out to the country yet.

Would it be brazen to ask for lodgings? The work is permanent and I don't think I've much chance but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else have tried to get their employer to give something towards their rent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Either ask for a raise, or move to somewhere cheaper. Dublin isn't London.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

So everywhere you looked today there was talk about how much rent has risen and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to afford my own rent (in Dublin) - don't want to move back out to the country yet.

Would it be brazen to ask for lodgings? The work is permanent and I don't think I've much chance but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else have tried to get their employer to give something towards their rent?

Where are you living now and are you renting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Unusual unless a country hotel, etc.

You will pay BIK on the MV of the lodging as well.

Advertisement