Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for a home office

• 23-08-2017 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, we get a new HKC system installed in our new house. Since then we have had a shomera put in the back garden and id like to link this up to the home security system.

would a wireless PIR sensor make sense? and if so is it possible for me to buy one and set it up and link to the main system or should i get the installation guy out again?

thinking of this

http://www.securitydirect.ie/intruder-alarms/wireless/wireless-pir-motion-detector/hkc-rf-pir-motion-quad/

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That would work as long as the office is within range.
    I'd also recommend sensors /contacts on windows and doors.
    You will need engineer access to add extra devices to your system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

KoolKid wrote: »
    That would work as long as the office is within range.
    I'd also recommend sensors /contacts on windows and doors.
    You will need engineer access to add extra devices to your system.

thanks!

range should be ok.

there is only one window that opens and you wouldnt fit through. and the room isnt large, opening the door would trip the sensor im sure?

is there a manual to add the devices?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A sensor on the door would detect attempted entry. Not much good a PiR activating after an intruder has got in.
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed use boards.ie to share manuals . If you contact the manufacturer or an installer the might be able to look after you with a copy.

Advertisement