Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1TB fair usage on 1,000 package

Options
  • 23-08-2017 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭

I'm going with 1,000 package. If in the first 14 days I am on track to go over the 1TB fair usage policy and decide that going forward the 1,000 is a waste because it's so easy to blow through that usage, could I then move down to a 300 package? Or would that mean cancelling it & it would have to go through as a new install

Main point being would I be able not pay a 100 euro penalty this way: Use away to my hearts content in these first 14 days as a trial period, and then decide whether the unlimited usage is a little bit too limited for my needs. If i find I use less than 500GB in two weeks then it would be fine but if I was on track to reach the 100 euro penalty / already gone over 1TB in those 2 weeks, I'd cancel

Is there any possibility of there being a different package with a slightly higher fair usage policy for more enthusiast users?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

This was solved-ish on the phone when they were confirming our order. 

I could move packages freely within those first 14 days. Hassle free. 

I was advised I'd be getting a warning at 80% of the usage and to monitor and limit my own usage after that to not get the penalty. 

One question left, is there any sign of there being a more enthusiast level package with a higher fair usage policy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

This was solved-ish on the phone when they were confirming our order. 

I could move packages freely within those first 14 days. Hassle free. 

I was advised I'd be getting a warning at 80% of the usage and to monitor and limit my own usage after that to not get the penalty. 

One question left, is there any sign of there being a more enthusiast level package with a higher fair usage policy?
    Hi there,

Thanks for get5ting in touch. Glad to hear you got this sorted on the phone.

I'm afraid, there are currently no plans in place to increase our fair usage limit. If changes are made to this you will be notified.

- Adam

Advertisement