Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help/advice

Options
  • 23-08-2017 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have a iphone 6s and last night it started having issues with the internet, i use virgin media and on my ipad and PC the internet seems to work fine, while on my iPhone it connects to the internet fine for 5 minutes or so i load an app for a few minutes its 1) a little sluggish loading the app and after 5 minutes it says it can't connect to the internet when my other devices are connected fine, any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Be conscious that the radio on the mobile devices are not as powerful as in other devices, so all other things being equal a laptop will be able to communicate with the AP from further away than the mobile device.

First thing I would do is download some sort of network discovery software, like InSSIDer for the PC, and see if anybody else has a network using the same frequency as you are using. It's common enough that the new neighbours move in with their new broadband connection, and fire up a router on the same Channel 6 as their neighbours on both sides.

(Also this thread would probably be better off in the Networking section)

Advertisement