Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD induction days

Options
  • 23-08-2017 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My eldest daughter has accepted her first place choice in UCD. She is thrilled.

She doesn't know anyone else going there. Just wondering does she go on her own to the induction day? Do parents go too? (Probably not). It's a bit daunting, even though she is over the moon to be heading up.

What is the norm? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Maggiemoo2 wrote: »
    My eldest daughter has accepted her first place choice in UCD. She is thrilled.

She doesn't know anyone else going there. Just wondering does she go on her own to the induction day? Do parents go too? (Probably not). It's a bit daunting, even though she is over the moon to be heading up.

What is the norm? Thanks

Definitely no parents, unless they happen to be enrolling too! She should have a personalised (well, specific to her course at least) timetable for induction. Lots of people go without knowing anyone (all overseas students, many people outside of Dublin, etc.). Even if you do go "knowing" people, unless you go out of your way to connect with them, there's a strong possibility you'll never see them after the first week (especially if they aren't in the same course).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Maggiemoo2

Thanks very much. That was my gut feeling. Exciting time ahead

Advertisement