Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car keys found on N11 - dropped by a cyclist?

Options
  • 23-08-2017 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

N11 northbound at Glen of the Downs this morning I found a Renault key card with a single house key on a piece of red chord.

Possibly dropped by a cyclist taking something out of their back pocket.

About 11.30 this morning, they weren't there yesterday when I grovelled past the same spot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Why were you grovelling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

endacl wrote: »
    Why were you grovelling?

Because I'm heading for 60, nearly 18 stone, unfit and it was uphill. The only reason I saw the keys was the speedo showing 10.6 km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Just wondering are those cards chipped? Would a Renault dealer be able to match the card with a registration?

(I know with some keys, all the info relating to the car, service history etc. can be accessed via the key).

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

That is a brilliant answer to a brilliant (unnecessary but we all thought it )question

That is a brilliant answer to a brilliant (unnecessary but we all thought it )question
    They could possibly match it to a VIN number. Whether they can match it up to a reg number is another great hypothetical question as if I had the reg number and found out who owns it I could rob their house and then use the key to use their car as a get away car.

• Advertisement

Just a bump in case the key owner hasn't seen this thread

Advertisement