Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Hoffenheim, 19.45, RTE2

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    What's he sayin'?

Basically said Klopp's hands are tied financially and LFC should sell Coutinho to buy centre halfs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,841 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When's the draw ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Well if Jimmy traore can get a cl medal,maybe Lovren and Moreno can

• Basically said Klopp's hands are tied financially and LFC should sell Coutinho to buy centre halfs.

Alot of that is fairly accurate

cjmc wrote: »
    When's the draw ?

Friday 11 am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No chance. Far too open at the back and while we might get out of the group stages, any of the best European sides will frustrate them going forward and exploit the huge gaps at the back.

The only teams that'd frustrate us are Atletico and Juve. Madrid would also beat us but purely down to quality, they wouldn't set out to hamper us like the other two would. Any manager that puts their ego aside and gives our forward line the respect it deserves by parking the bus could do very well against us, but Simeone and Allegri are the only two I can see taking that approach.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Alot of that is fairly accurate

Really, it's as if VVD was never approached or Keita was made a target with record bids for a BL player. Liverpool need a CB but Brady was just bull****ting about something he clearly isn't too familiar with - another clubs policies and finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

cjmc wrote: »
    When's the draw ?
    Friday 11 am

Pretty sure it's tomorrow

• Really, it's as if VVK was never approached or Keita was made a target with record bids for a BL player. Liverpool need a CB but Brady was just bull****ting about something he clearly isn't too familiar with - another clubs policies and finances.

Klopp is stubborn, chasing players he hadn't a hope of getting. Defensively a shambles and you need CBs. He has been poor at picking out defensive quality in his signings thus far. If he did the proper scouting he could find someone else.

The same could be said of Barcas stubbornness in the pursuit of Coutinho. Never going to get him.

• Advertisement

I though Friday was CL/EL draw day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

niallo27 wrote: »
    I don't agree this team is built to play against teams that have a go. Just wait for Sunday this team will destroy arsenal. What decent team has really exploited them.

I really hope that arrogance comes back to bite you. I'm hoping the Liverpool players are thinking it's going to be a stroll in the park too.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Definitely tomorrow
    http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2435148.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

CL tomorrow, EL on friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,213 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Klopp is stubborn, chasing players he hadn't a hope of getting. Defensively a shambles and you need CBs. He has been poor at picking out defensive quality in his signings thus far. If he did the proper scouting he could find someone else.

The same could be said of Barcas stubbornness in the pursuit of Coutinho. Never going to get him.

What does any of that have to do with saying it's accurate that Klopp's hands are tied financially and he needs to sell Coutinho?

Absolutely need CB's, but there's been no sign of the money not being available if he decides to actually go and bloody buy one that's available, as we all want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I really hope that arrogance comes back to bite you. I'm hoping the Liverpool players are thinking it's going to be a stroll in the park too.

C'mon, that's really not going to be the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There was every indacation that VVD would be available this summer.

Klopp has only signed one defender in Matip, who's looked capable (bar Robertson who's played 70 minutes) when not paired with Nervol so I don't know how you've decided he has been poor at picking defensive quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's not arrogance it's just arsenal are too proud not to play into Liverpool hands. You must know this watching arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That's quite ironic given the fact that Arsenal took us lightly the last two times the sides met and shipped seven goals.

The thing is Arsenal won't come out and pack the defence and sit really deep. You'll come out and play your usual game and that's what suits Liverpool style of play. It's the teams who camp their own box that frustrate the hell out of Liverpool.

It won't be a stroll in the park but it'll be a game set up better for the system.

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    There was every indacation that VVD would be available this summer.

Klopp has only signed one defender in Matip, who's looked capable (bar Robertson who's played 70 minutes) when not paired with Nervol so I don't know how you've decided he has been poor at picking defensive quality?

And then Southampton said not for sale
    Same situation as Coutinho
    Klopp should have moved quickly to other targets.

Matip is a poor signing, not sure how you can be convinced otherwise.

Klopp has yet to address general defensive issues two years on.

Anyway, enjoy the night. Yee still got through. Was just agreeing with some of what Brady said.

• Advertisement

Anyone seen the interview with Nagelsmann? Was he any less obnoxiously cocky after having his arse handed to him?

And then Southampton said not for sale
    Same situation as Coutinho
    Klopp should have moved quickly to other targets.

Matip is a poor signing, not sure how you can be convinced otherwise.

Klopp has yet to address general defensive issues two years on.

Anyway, enjoy the night. Yee still got through. Was just agreeing with some of what Brady said.

Howedes was linked yesterday morning so maybe we'll move for him.

Matip is far from a poor signing but you are entitled to your own opinion. He needs a more aggressive type CB beside him though, not someone who switched off every few minutes.

• ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    What does any of that have to do with saying it's accurate that Klopp's hands are tied financially and he needs to sell Coutinho?

Absolutely need CB's, but there's been no sign of the money not being available if he decides to actually go and bloody buy one that's available, as we all want.
    That's why I said Klopp is stubborn in his pursuit of VVD and compared it to the Coutinho situation.
    He should have moved for other targets and instead looks to have wasted time.
    How is everyone else so certain Klopp has been set aside funds by the way? Was this publicly announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Knockouts on Friday. Group stages on Thursday

Howedes was linked yesterday morning so maybe we'll move for him.

Matip is far from a poor signing but you are entitled to your own opinion. He needs a more aggressive type CB beside him though, not someone who switched off every few minutes.

Don't know much about Howedes so can't comment however at least from a Liverpool perspective yee are in better position towards transfer deadline day in the fact you are in the CL now and have a slightly better chance of making a signing.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

monkey9 wrote: »
    C'mon, that's really not going to be the case.
    Yeah I know that alright, was just a silly response to Niallo.
    It's not arrogance it's just arsenal are too proud not to play into Liverpool hands. You must know this watching arsenal.
    Yeah I know that this will be the case. And I agree that it will play into Liverpool hands, just saying that it won't necessarily end up with Liverpool destroying Arsenal. Could be another ridiculous 4-4 draw as Liverpool style of play also plays into Arsenals, when Arsenal are on form that is.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    That's quite ironic given the fact that Arsenal took us lightly the last two times the sides met and shipped seven goals.
    I wouldn't agree that Arsenal took Liverpool lightly last season, just that Liverpool were the better team in both matches last season and fully deserved the wins. Could easily happen again this season too.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    The thing is Arsenal won't come out and pack the defence and sit really deep. You'll come out and play your usual game and that's what suits Liverpool style of play. It's the teams who camp their own box that frustrate the hell out of Liverpool.

It won't be a stroll in the park but it'll be a game set up better for the system.

Yeah fully agree with that too. Will effectively be a shoot out again, which will favour Liverpool I think, but don't think it's a foregone conclusion of Liverpool destroying Arsenal as Niallo said. Anyway I've gone completely off topic, so I'm sure Liverpool V Arsenal will be discussed later on this week.

Don't know much about Howedes so can't comment however at least from a Liverpool perspective yee are in better position towards transfer deadline day in the fact you are in the CL now and have a slightly better chance of making a signing.

Well himself and Matip have played together before so you'd imagine they wouldn't need much time to build a relationship.

A deep lying midfielder and a CB and I'd be very happy with this window.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Tony O'Donoghue sounds like he's a Liverpool fanboy

Well himself and Matip have played together before so you'd imagine they wouldn't need much time to build a relationship.

A deep lying midfielder and a CB and I'd be very happy with this window.

Pity Utd can't draw Liverpool in the group's stages, some craic if it was possible ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Fairly thankless task to be a defender in one of Europe's most attacking sides. You're guaranteed to be criticised regularly.

It's not that we concede goals, it's that we concede the same kinds of goals so fúcking regularly.

Pity Utd can't draw Liverpool in the group's stages, some craic if it was possible ;)

I'd fancy our chances... Never been beaten by you in Europe as far as I'm aware !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Eamo needs some maths classes apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

When Liverpool are really bad defensively its usually a good thing as it means teams have come at them and 9 times out of 10 they win those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Bring on Barca, PSG, Real Madrid & Bayern Munich :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Dragon Queen approves

200w.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'd be bringing Milner for Henderson as the DM as he has a footballing brain something Liverpool are missing in that role.

Cap was good today. :)
    Not entirely serious, but Jesus, how much do we need a good defensive midfielder who can read the game?

Full on Klopp ethos? You cannot be passive...
    murpho999 wrote: »
    root and boot as well.:P

Flute and boot? No?
    Sick of Hendo and his sideways passes

Would have loved to see Henderson bury that himself it would do him the world of good
    Just need another 2 or 3 to settle the nerves.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    13 wins away from getting back to the Champions League again next season.

:D
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Never in doubt.
    No chance. Far too open at the back and while we might get out of the group stages, any of the best European sides will frustrate them going forward and exploit the huge gaps at the back.

We will have a Jan. window.....
    I don't agree this team is built to play against teams that have a go. Just wait for Sunday this team will destroy arsenal. What decent team has really exploited them.

You "sound" scared dude but we don't need a D, we need a goalie!!

When Liverpool are really bad defensively its usually a good thing as it means teams have come at them and 9 times out of 10 they win those games.

Dragon Queen approves

200w.gif

The season transfer window starts now.
    Can you concede 50 goals and win the league? We'll give it a propper go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,841 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Friday 11 am

Tonight @ 5 pm

Advertisement