Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Does anyone play those wwe games but not interested in wrassling? The new wwe 2k18 looks a bit of a laugh but haven't played a WWF game in over 10 years. These games any good?

They are super boring, i tried to play last years but stopped after maybe a week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

irishman86 wrote: »
    They are super boring, i tried to play last years but stopped after maybe a week

Would agree. They've sorta devolved into po-faced, pan-ported yearly sports-sims (or sim sports sims, I guess) in the last decade, geared towards an ever-dwindling hardcore base and far removed from the stuff you could just sit around with your mates and go mental on. Hell, they've even dumped the traditional story mode which was always good for a decent runaround.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Does anyone play those wwe games but not interested in wrassling? The new wwe 2k18 looks a bit of a laugh but haven't played a WWF game in over 10 years. These games any good?

Get Fire Pro Wrestling on Steam instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Get Fire Pro Wrestling on Steam instead.

I've never warmed to the series. What's the appeal? Combat feels a bit "hands off" in it for my tastes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I've never warmed to the series. What's the appeal? Combat feels a bit "hands off" in it for my tastes.

It's more about the drama of the matches than the combat. It's more reliant on grappling as well and it works really well once you figure out how it works.

It think it's the whole flow and drama of the matches that wrestling fans love, it's not really about winning.

• Advertisement

Played Sonic Mania on the Switch last night. After I kept dying and getting lost, I kept asking myself, "how did kid me do it?"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

ERG89 wrote: »
    Has anyone on here bought a GB boy colour?
    Not the original GBC this is a different device, they seem to be cheap and favorably reviewed :/

I still have a functioning GBC, so I'm good.

Well the Sonic Mania levels are far longer than any traditional Sonic game.

My method of navigating Sonic levels is go right, if you can't then go up, if you can't then go down and as a last resort go left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Played Sonic Mania on the Switch last night. After I kept dying and getting lost, I kept asking myself, "how did kid me do it?"

Kid you had nothing else to do in life but play Sonic.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well the Sonic Mania levels are far longer than any traditional Sonic game.

My method of navigating Sonic levels is go right, if you can't then go up, if you can't then go down and as a last resort go left.

Can Tails actually do anything? Sometimes he picks me up, sometimes he doesn't. And I just cannot remember what I did to make him pick me up.

One thing for certain -- once this music started playing:

I could feel every inch of anxiety I've ever felt flowing back into me.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Tails is pretty much useless unless you have a second player controlling him or you are just playing a Tails only game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I had that a few months back playing ActRaiser, never cleared it but definitely did a lot better back then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Anyone deal with Aliexpress?
    Tempted to put in an order which will take a few weeks obviously but I don't know their reputation :/

ERG89 wrote: »
    Anyone deal with Aliexpress?
    Tempted to put in an order which will take a few weeks obviously but I don't know their reputation :/

I haven't heard much negative about Aliexpress. The one thing to remember is how long it'll take. For me, it'll be a bit of a deal breaker, especially if the saving wouldn't be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭klose

Getting a bit fed up with gaming lately regarding constant updates and file sizes. 500 gb storage on the PS4, grand I can delete and reinstall as I go but it gets a bit tiresome when you want to hop onto an old game. Fed up with destiny 2 so fancied a bit of battlefield 1 as I hadn't played in ages and deleted the file to make room for newer games. Went to reinstall and there's another massive update meaning I had to download over night while on power saving mode. Bf1 is now a 70gb game file but I've no dlc purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

klose wrote: »
    Getting a bit fed up with gaming lately regarding constant updates and file sizes. 500 gb storage on the PS4, grand I can delete and reinstall as I go but it gets a bit tiresome when you want to hop onto an old game. Fed up with destiny 2 so fancied a bit of battlefield 1 as I hadn't played in ages and deleted the file to make room for newer games. Went to reinstall and there's another massive update meaning I had to download over night while on power saving mode. Bf1 is now a 70gb game file but I've no dlc purchased.

I know the feeling. I have really slow internet so takes me ages to download games and then as you said massive updates which seems to happen fairly often with some games. Can you not plug in an external hard drive on PS? That would save you having to delete and re-download the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

GOTY edition of Shadow of Mordor was going for €12 on the day of the sequels release so I said I'd give it a go.
    As someone that didn't enjoy the Lord of the Rings films and attempts at the books failed, I am really enjoying it.

The nemesis system is class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I was the exact same... I'm such a gobsh!te that I wasn't even certain it was a LOTR game until Golum showed up! :pac:

Thoroughly enjoyed it but I've heard the new one is more of a continuation so between that and especially the loot-crate bolloxology I'll hold off until next year for that one.

I know the feeling. I have really slow internet so takes me ages to download games and then as you said massive updates which seems to happen fairly often with some games. Can you not plug in an external hard drive on PS? That would save you having to delete and re-download the games.
    Apparently you can but load times etc might be painfully slow at a guess - https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2017/09/11/how-to-connect-an-external-hard-drive-to-your-ps4/#25a4fbe346ec

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Billy86 wrote: »
    I was the exact same... I'm such a gobsh!te that I wasn't even certain it was a LOTR game until Golum showed up! :pac:

Thoroughly enjoyed it but I've heard the new one is more of a continuation so between that and especially the loot-crate bolloxology I'll hold off until next year for that one.
    :D

The brand ability you unlock is the best thing ever.
    Taking down uruk captains with a branded Warchief and his branded bodyguards is very entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nah, load times are faster from the external, weirdly enough. USB3 has a faster interface than the internal drive, so it'll be a little faster at everything.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Nah, load times are faster from the external, weirdly enough. USB3 has a faster interface than the internal drive, so it'll be a little faster at everything.

Is that the same with PS4 though? I know the Xbox One uses the older sata II interface on it's internal HD. AFAIK they used the same on the One S but I think they finally moved to sata III with the One X.

edit: PS4 uses Sata II and the pro sata III. So yea you are right it should be quicker with external HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is it as simple as pig an external hard drive via USB?

It is on the Xbox anyway but I don't have a PS4 so I don't know how it works for that. On the Xbox One you plug it in and format it and then you just transfer games over or install them directly to the external HD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Essentially, yeah. It's got to be USB 3 and over 256GB in size, but you'd be pushed to find a drive that doesn't met those requirements these days.

Plug it in, format it, and then move your games over.

CatInABox wrote: »

That's... not too reassuring in terms of whatever is inside the PS4!! :eek:

Certainly explains the shocking difference between Fallout 4 on PS4 and SSD.

That's... not too reassuring in terms of whatever is inside the PS4!! :eek:

Certainly explains the shocking difference between Fallout 4 on PS4 and SSD.

It's not really that bad as the Xbox uses the same interface. Sata II is enough for a mechanical HD, that is the reason both companies went with it originally but they both use sata III for their 4K consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hey guys,

Doing a shared save file run of Pokémon Emerald over in Forum Games in a few weeks if anyone is interested.

We'll be trading saves after every gym, nicknames mandatory and it should be some good fun.

More of an explanation and signup thread linked below, any and all welcome.

http://www.boards.ie/v...ead.php?t=2057796474

Thanks

(Got the go ahead from mods pls don't report me)

I'm getting a 404 on that link on touch site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm getting a 404 on that link on touch site

Me too, crap

Touch Site
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057796474/1/#post105021039

Legacy
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057796474

Hopefully work better

Advertisement