Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Just realised there's a bank holiday 2 days after AC Origins is released. Score.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just realised there's a bank holiday 2 days after AC Origins is released. Score.

Really looking forward too it, have it pre ordered and hopefully pre load early next week, press start are great for the discounted psn cards :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Am I the only one that kinds something funny about an 'origins' version of Assassin's Creed, of all games? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Really looking forward too it, have it pre ordered and hopefully pre load early next week, press start are great for the discounted psn cards :pac:

How much, if you don't mind me asking?

I payed 52 eurons for a pre-order from amazon, but if this is comparable, I'll go with the download code instead! Damn amazon won't deliver to me until after the long weekend :(

How many eurons is a theon worth again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Billy86 wrote: »

Theon?
    Quit making up words Billy :D

It's 50 bucks on Press-Start for the xbox version, but it's currently out of stock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Are you talking about a whole theon or just the meat and two veg?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

marcbrophy wrote: »
    How much, if you don't mind me asking?

I payed 52 eurons for a pre-order from amazon, but if this is comparable, I'll go with the download code instead! Damn amazon won't deliver to me until after the long weekend :(

It worked out at about 60, I would have gone physical but my ps4 keeps ejecting the damn discs so I've gone fully digital until I can afford a pro, so stick with what you have if you can wait, btw I got the delux version which had another 10 euro off because I'm plus member.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I got a 50% off steam voucher for civ vi there. Don't know where.

Is civ vi actually any good? I'd heard mixed reviews so even with 50% off I'm not sure. Getting back into civ v at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I think this is a GOT joke...but noone got it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I think this is a GOT joke...but noone got it

FidZknJ.gif

bluewolf wrote: »
    I got a 50% off steam voucher for civ vi there. Don't know where.

Is civ vi actually any good? I'd heard mixed reviews so even with 50% off I'm not sure. Getting back into civ v at the moment

Forget Civ! Get yourself a copy of warhammar total war, way more fun!

:edit: Just reread your post and saw that you said you have a voucher for civ :o

Just wrapped up on TW:WH... it was OK, fairly underwhelmed to be honest and I found controlling units in battle absurdly clunky at times. Also had a huge issue with the fact that it seemed to just assume I had played other TW games before and explained close to nothing.

I'd say go with Civ VI, personally - I enjoy it quite a bit, and I'd imagine like V that when they get the additional content out it will improve considerably again.

Is it just me or is this year exceptionally bad for game releases in the run up to Christmas? I'm talking about the number of AAA ones, outside of Wolfenstein and maybe Assassin's Creed thats it for me :confused:

Just seems theres fewer big releases this year than there have been for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is it just me or is this year exceptionally bad for game releases in the run up to Christmas? I'm talking about the number of AAA ones, outside of Wolfenstein and maybe Assassin's Creed thats it for me

It's just overly familiar & not fresh.
    Well there is COD WW2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, South Park: FBW, Shadow of War, Destiny 2 & Mario Odyssey is arguably the biggest release.
    Sony & Microsoft tend not to release big Christmas games the last couple of years. Sony is going with DLC for Uncharted & Horizon. Microsoft only really have PUBG & Forza if it comes out this year, for a relaunch it's surprising to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,395 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's a new main series Mario game next week.

That is all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well for those interested

There's a new main series Mario game next week.

That is all that matters.

Preordered mine way back in June. Being delivered on the 27th. I'll finally get use out of my Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

sligeach wrote: »
    It's €330 on another console where to me looks minimally better than on Wii U. I don't care that it's portable, for me, that's irrelevant. Dreadful online setup, even worse voice chat, limited on board memory storage, terrible battery life(though for me it wouldn't matter), no browser, no app's, no Virtual Console, no backwards compatibility, no transfer of games from Wii U/3DS to Switch. It's riddled with last gen ports, the cartridges are expensive which is passed on to the consumer, limited cartridge size(32GB), resulting in large games being partially digital.

They weren't ready at launch and still aren't. They only just now used the capture button, 8 months after launch and that is limited as well. Their paid for online service has a vague 2018 launch date. Super Mario Odyssey is their first true mega blockbuster game, again 8 months after launch.

Accessories are crazy expensive. There's limited 3rd party support, especially from Western developers. Some of the ports have been gimped, that's partly down to the Switch being weaker than the PS4/XB1.

The Joy-Con's for me are dog turd. I cannot overemphasise that. I was shocked by them. They feel awful, cheap, small and cramped. I was so disappointed. First time I've ever hated or even disliked a Nintendo controller. Which means I've to buy a Switch Pro Controller, more money. Unless, I hope they release some patch that allows Wii U Pro Controllers to be used. I'll stop here.

Don't hold back, how do you really feel about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I bet you are a ball of laughs at parties 😂

Probably not if it's one of these parties

Nintendo_Switch_2.0.0.jpg

At a normal party, he might be okay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,395 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: We have a Nintendo forum precisely for this reason - to discuss their consoles, sales etc... - and it works perfectly well with a strong, enthusiastic community. Please discuss relevant topics over yonder, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I bet you are a ball of laughs at parties 😂

I'm just being honest. My feelings shouldn't hinder anyone's enjoyment of the Switch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Probably not if it's one of these parties

Nintendo_Switch_2.0.0.jpg

Go **** yourself Karen!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nice look back at Chaos Theory's Spies vs Mercs mode.
    I would have loved to play this back in the day. Seems a pain to get going now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just back to Assassins Creed Origins, what time do Tesco usually put their stock out? Local Tesco is only open until midnight so was thinking I might chance my arm and pop down at 11.45 or so to see if it had been put on the shelves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Saruhashi

I can't see much wrong with it fantastic console

Ah but you see it's portable and some folks just don't want a portable console. They'll never tire of telling you how much they don't give a damn about portability.

Why can't Nintendo just make an exact copy of the PS4 with no features that distinguish it from the other video game options?

Also it costs money and if you want to buy extra things they costs money too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Saruhashi

sligeach wrote: »
    Super Mario Odyssey is their first true mega blockbuster game, again 8 months after launch.

Are you serious here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

To be fair, some people have no interest in their console being portable. I never did, though i'll admit i really enjoyed the portability when i had the Switch.

Saying Mario is the only blockbuster is just wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Saruhashi wrote: »
    Are you serious here?
    That sounds about right. Zelda BOTW at launch and now Mario.

Advertisement