Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

recyclops wrote: »
    Take 2 setting up a new studio for a new bioshock game. Don't like the next several years though.

https://ir.take2games.com/news-releases/news-release-details/2k-announces-newly-formed-studio-cloud-chambertm-developing-next?field_nir_news_date_value[min]=2019

I'd love a new Bioshock that finally leant more into the RPG part of things & embraced its System Shock legacy, while downplaying the shooting; that was was always the least interesting part of the games for me - especially Infinite, and its endless sequence of locked-room shootouts. I loved the setting & story so much, yet every protracted gun battle was a chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'd love a new Bioshock that finally leant more into the RPG part of things & embraced its System Shock legacy, while downplaying the shooting; that was was always the least interesting part of the games for me - especially Infinite, and its endless sequence of locked-room shootouts. I loved the setting & story so much, yet every protracted gun battle was a chore.

I recently tried Prey on gamepass, got a pretty good system shock vibe off it, including wonky combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I recently tried Prey on gamepass, got a pretty good system shock vibe off it, including wonky combat.

Played a demo of it and it looked pretty good but heard some bad things about ammo management, in that you run out and can get screwed late game. it didn't sound like fun

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Played a demo of it and it looked pretty good but heard some bad things about ammo management, in that you run out and can get screwed late game. it didn't sound like fun

I really enjoyed it and can't recall having any issues with ammo. Maybe at higher difficulty? Certainly the closest thing to Bioshock 4 (in space) and a much better game than Infinite (and 2 probably!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Prey was great, serious Half-Life vibes off it with figuring out the puzzle parts. I can't remember any issues with not having enough ammo preventing me from finishing it, but it was certainly not a just keep blasting type of game.

I loved the original Prey, and it did take a few hours to get past it not being Prey 2. I was lucky enough to get a behind closed door look at about an hour of Prey 2 and it looked amazing.

But it got canned and they moved the name from Human Head to Arkane studios.

Maybe with Bethesda buying Human Head it could get resurrected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Nice, will watch tonight. I guess they're trying to get out ahead of the Netflix one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

So I started playing Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. Was hoping to get my business done in a stealthy manner, but that turned to sh1t very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looks like amazon has sold out of some big games for now. True I only checked a couple but Mario Maker 2 and Jedi Fallen Order on Xbox One and neither were available direct from amazon. Luigi's Mansion 3 was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    So I started playing Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. Was hoping to get my business done in a stealthy manner, but that turned to sh1t very quickly.

Did you light a match or open a window at least?:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Really interesting thread about troubleshooting and fixing one particular bug in The Outer Worlds.

https://twitter.com/_taylorswope/status/1205252714680045568

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really interesting thread about troubleshooting and fixing one particular bug in The Outer Worlds.

https://twitter.com/_taylorswope/status/1205252714680045568

Brilliant troubleshooting and all kicked off from a user review comment. Devs have such a hard ****ing job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Just bought a PS4 controller which was bundled with a Fornite Voucher code for a skin and in game currency or a new weapon or something.

As I do not play it, thought id stick the code up here. Whoever uses it please say when you used it so no one else wastes time trying it :)
    BRR4-5CN3-Q9JQ

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Azza wrote: »

I absolutely loved Blade Runner back in the day. Was it not available digitally before this?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

No you could only pick it up legit via 2nd hand hard copy. Apparently it was in legal rights limbo hell for years.

Now if GOG can just get No One Lives Forever 1+2 sorted as well we can all die happy!

I loved this so much I'm scared to go back and ruin that memory.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No you could only pick it up legit via 2nd hand hard copy. Apparently it was in legal rights limbo hell for years.

Now if GOG can just get No One Lives Forever 1+2 sorted as well we can all die happy!

Night dive wrote an article about it. Found all the rights holders. However the stumbling block was the rights holders (Warner Bros in particular) couldn't give two ****s.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Night dive wrote an article about it. Found all the rights holders. However the stumbling block was the rights holders (Warner Bros in particular) couldn't give two ****s.

Hmmm, last I had heard was that it was more than that; that there were several rights holders but nobody wanted to give up their particular context. Unless NightDive had since made an attempt to acquire NOLF?

What's the chance this would make it to mobile? My phone is more powerful than my laptop, saying that a potato should be able to run it, very tempting to try it although i agree with grumpy, maybe it's best to stay in my rose tinted glasses.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I still have my boxed copy somewhere. It was bundled with the VHS of the film in Smyths for something silly like £5, which is why I bought it as I'd not heard of either beforehand. A friend in school told me it was the best film ever but at the time I think I preferred the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hmmm, last I had heard was that it was more than that; that there were several rights holders but nobody wanted to give up their particular context. Unless NightDive had since made an attempt to acquire NOLF?

The Sad Story Behind A Dead PC Game That Can't Come Back

Title kind of says it all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I manged to download a copy of this years ago during the netbook craze, I think I still have an old samsung NC10 somewhere that it ran on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't played either of them, but I think I always got mixed up between Blade Runner and Beneath A Steel Sky

Bladerunner was amazing as each playthrough would have characters behave differently. Like a guy would run from you in one and stand and fight in another, someone might be a replicant in 1 and human in another. Also, other characters are living out their storyline simultaneous to yours so spend too much time arsing around and you might miss a suspect. It was all very natural and flowy, way ahead of its time.

Then you have the music and atmosphere dripping in every scene. Can't recommend it enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Surprised there wasn't a remake for 2049. Could be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Haven't played either of them, but I think I always got mixed up between Blade Runner and Beneath A Steel Sky
    One has a cool guy in a trench coat, the other is Blade Runner :p

Advertisement