Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great response from gog on how they got the game.

497886.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Does no one play fortnite any more? I would have thought SOMEONE would have snapped up the code above :)
    I loved this so much I'm scared to go back and ruin that memory.

I have a similar position on a game called Gabrial Knight sins of the Fathers.

I have such a positive and amazing memory of how indescribably good that game was that I just know if I went back and replayed it I would realise it was a complete heap of guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭GhostofKNugget

Does no one play fortnite any more? I would have thought SOMEONE would have snapped up the code above :)

oooooOOOOOooooo Woooooooo Boooooo!

This is the ghost of Kunst Nugget -boards now won't let your username have the word Kunst in it, the philistines!!! - come to steal that code from your mortal grasp for the benefit of my daughter.

Also, you will be visited by three spirits. Without their visits, you cannot hope to shun the path I tread. Expect the first tomorrow, when the bell tolls One….

oooooOOOOOooooo Woooooooo Booooooooooobs!

Ah good, hope it works for you. Let me know. Possible someone else used it and just didn't see fit to mention it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭GhostofKNugget

Ah good, hope it works for you. Let me know. Possible someone else used it and just didn't see fit to mention it.

Surprisingly, it did. I couldn't redeem it without letting you know. Hence this account from the other side. oooooOOOOOOOooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Guys, any codes put into any thread will be scrapped by bots and redeemed within seconds.

If you want to post a code, put a false number/digit in the last spot and explain what it is in the post :)

I used the spoiler tag and it seemed to work as it stayed unredeemed for a number of days.

I used the spoiler tag and it seemed to work as it stayed unredeemed for a number of days.

Really?
    How could you tell? :)

Cos the user above said he just used it, days later, and it worked :)

I am taking him at his word on this of course.

Cos the user above said he just used it, days later, and it worked :)

I am taking him at his word on this of course.

I am sorry :)

My stupid eyes read his message as saying he couldn't redeem it :D

Continue on ...

• Advertisement

No problem, your suggestion is still a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Great response from gog on how they got the game.

Apparently it was just good old fashioned hard work:

"As GOG explains on its site, the team of programmers spent eight years reconstructing the game from retail discs instead of the original source code, and they apparently worked with film studio Alcon Interactive Group to legally release it through GOG."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

You know you're way too used to current generations of game consoles when you decide to go back and play a retro console and you look around and can't find the gamepad, only to realise it's a wired gamepad and plugged into the the console already..................I feel like an idiot

Ha, lots of people must have been playing the og FF VII on ps4 for it to be patched after all this time.

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1207299727680688135?s=19

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ha, lots of people must have been playing the og FF VII on ps4 for it to be patched after all this time.

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1207299727680688135?s=19

They fixed that on PC ages ago...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0 I’m legitimately questioning whether you actually played any other game this year and are just suffering from advanced Stockholm Syndrome? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Just bought Tom Clancy's The Division 2 for 4.99 from the Epic game store. They're doing an xmas promotion currently where they are giving out free 10 euro coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Retr0 I’m legitimately questioning whether you actually played any other game this year and are just suffering from advanced Stockholm Syndrome? :pac:

Think he must own shares in it at this stage :pac:

Admittedly I've not played most games released this year and it's been a great year for games especially indie games.

However I honestly believe it really is one of the very best games this year. There's better games narratively. There's cleverer games like baba is you. And well... There's the outer wilds which is incredible. But I think of you want a game that just represents everything fun about videogames this year then really nothing else comes close to delivering the action and excitement of Ace Combat 7.

It might not be everyone's favourite game of the year but I think if you are considering a best of the year list it really needs to be included. And I'll keep singing it's praises as it's criminal how overlooked it's been.

• Advertisement

Well lads, Ace Combat 7 is 25 quid in the psn new year sales starting today. I see a Christmas drunk purchase in my future...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Might get Ace Combat 7, have a ps4 compatible flight stick. its more arcady than i tend to play but for 25 i might. itd be less salty than high tier war thunder and no stupid nickle and diming repair cost.

Can we get Ace Combat 7 added to the boards swear filter please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Well lads, Ace Combat 7 is 25 quid in the psn new year sales starting today. I see a Christmas drunk purchase in my future...

€27.99 on Xbox (deals with gold), next 12 days. Glad I held out!

Great games, played 6 to death, multiplayer was really fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I have Santy bringing me AC7. Looking forward to giving it a whirl, especially the VR mode

This is a great read for anyone interested in Adam Sessler's 16 year career in the gaming industry.

https://kotaku.com/memories-of-my-16-year-career-in-video-games-1580581507/amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

This is a great read for anyone interested in Adam Sessler's 16 year career in the gaming industry.

https://kotaku.com/memories-of-my-16-year-career-in-video-games-1580581507/amp?__twitter_impression=true
    Isn't he that pro-doxing and violence nutjob?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm really wanting to start playing Suikoden V but it's late, I'm tired and I have to get up in the morning. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,966 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just bought the Deluxe version of Ace Combat 7. You better be right Retr0! Then again, probably haven't plated an Ace Combat game since the PS2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Just bought the Deluxe version of Ace Combat 7. You better be right Retr0! Then again, probably haven't plated an Ace Combat game since the PS2 days.

besides graphics hasn't changed much

Advertisement