Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just bought the Deluxe version of Ace Combat 7. You better be right Retr0! Then again, probably haven't plated an Ace Combat game since the PS2 days.

Good. Another convert :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I still can't believe i haven't played it yet. AC4 and AC5 are two of my favourite games, so i really should play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Haven't played AC since PS1 times. Remember loving it a lot. So many planes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is steam down for everybody?

Son got first ever pc game from Santa, but when it tries to link to Steam it only gets 27% of the way in and then it says service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later.

Been like this for 2 days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is steam down for everybody?

Son got first ever pc game from Santa, but when it tries to link to Steam it only gets 27% of the way in and then it says service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later.

Been like this for 2 days now.

Was fine for me yesterday. Have you tried logging him out and back in again?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Good. Another convert :pac:

I've not enjoyed an AC game since the second one on the PS!
    Is the VR stuff worth buying it for?

TitianGerm wrote: »

We haven't got that far, to even having an account.

We started to load the game and that went to Steam automatically as part of the install.

Maybe I should create one separately and then try to install the game?

We started to load the game and that went to Steam automatically as part of the install.

Is the game on disk? I thought you needed a Steam account to actually download a game?

Is the game on disk? I thought you needed a Steam account to actually download a game?

Yeah it's an older game he was after.
    When we booted the disc it created a Steam shortcut on the desktop but couldn't get past 27%.

I have now created a separate Steam account and hopefully that'll be us sorted. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah it's an older game he was after.
    When we booted the disc it created a Steam shortcut on the desktop but couldn't get past 27%.

I have now created a separate Steam account and hopefully that'll be us sorted. Thanks.

What game is it?

When you have steam installed, you might be able to activate the game on steam by inputting the CD key to add it to your steam library.

So when steam is installed and open click on "Games" at the top between friends and help and then click on "Activate a product on steam" and follow the steps and input the CD key that came with the game. Should work that way without a hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Any tips on where to get a PS3 cheap? I see Gamestop are selling them for 70 but not in stock in any stores. Cex are selling them for 100 but that's a bit pricey.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any tips on where to get a PS3 cheap? I see Gamestop are selling them for 70 but not in stock in any stores. Cex are selling them for 100 but that's a bit pricey.

Any joy in Adverts? Maybe Music Magpie or someone like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Plenty of people on Adverts.ie selling them for reasonable prices

edit: sorry TitianGerm I was in "Post Reply" mode when you wrote yours lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah i reacquired mine on Adverts, got it for like €100, maybe a lil more, but it came with like 15 games, most of them i didnt want but one of them was Demon souls, which is why i got it again... So winner!

nix wrote: »
    Yeah i reacquired mine on Adverts, got it for like €100, maybe a lil more, but it came with like 15 games, most of them i didnt want but one of them was Demon souls, which is why i got it again... So winner!

I missed out on that one. I had it when PS Plus was in its young stages but I barely touched it. I kinda wish it would be brought to the modern systems like the rest of them, but I think there was some dispute with the publisher/developer. So I doubt it'll come.

I might see if I can grab it on PS3 regardless

Any joy in Adverts? Maybe Music Magpie or someone like that?

None near me under 100 and at least I'd get a guarantee off cex. Must ask around if any friends have one collecting dust, only need to it for a couple of months for mass effect, demons souls and Skate :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've not enjoyed an AC game since the second one on the PS!
    Is the VR stuff worth buying it for?

Which ones have you played?

I've not played the PS2 games but by all accounts they are meant to be stone cold classics.

Also heard the VR missions are great if you have the stomach for them

I missed out on that one. I had it when PS Plus was in its young stages but I barely touched it. I kinda wish it would be brought to the modern systems like the rest of them, but I think there was some dispute with the publisher/developer. So I doubt it'll come.

I might see if I can grab it on PS3 regardless

No publisher issues. It's Sony owned. They can release it if they want.

There's a lot of rumours of a remake/remaster in the works, possibly by bluepoint games.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No publisher issues. It's Sony owned. They can release it if they want.

There's a lot of rumours of a remake/remaster in the works, possibly by bluepoint games.

Oh yeah, I forgot that they teased they were working on something "big". Would be nice to see it resurface on PS4 before the PS5 comes out, at least. I'd love to try it out again

• Advertisement

None near me under 100 and at least I'd get a guarantee off cex. Must ask around if any friends have one collecting dust, only need to it for a couple of months for mass effect, demons souls and Skate :)

Forgot i had a giftcard for Gamestop and turns out you can use them online. Gonna order a ps3 250gb slim from them (all versions are 100 down to 70 for some reason), will only have to back out 20.

Gonna go straight into ME 2 to build up the characters and then onto ME 3 and will but Citadel since i never played that and hear it will give the ME sendoff I've been looking for. Sick of waiting on ME Trilogy remaster news.

I'm not sure whether to get demons souls or wait for rumoured PS5 version instead. Gonna look to get Skate 3 as well.

Any other PS 3 classics?

Are the Mass Effect games not on EA access?

Nope, not on PlayStation anyway, just that shyte Andromeda.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

On Xbox they are as you have all the back compatible titles too. (Skate, Black, Mass Effect)

But the PS4 only has PS4 games on EA Access. Mass Effect isn't even on PS Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Access isn't worth a toss on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

J. Marston wrote: »
    Access isn't worth a toss on PS4.

Depends on what you wanna play. I've definitely got my monies worth. Have enjoyed playing bfv and FIFA with friends. Burnout was a lot of fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Does anyone play golf games? I'm strongly considering getting a golf game for one of my consoles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Does anyone play golf games? I'm strongly considering getting a golf game for one of my consoles.

Only What The Golf? which is great but not one for those looking for a serious simulation of the game.

Jordan 199 wrote: »

I'm very tempted to get The Golf Club 2019 (15 euro on psn sale). The golf club 2 was good but the putting was almost impossible. I'm **** at golf irl but can still putt a ball in under 8 shots! I hear putting is better in 2019 but I'm sure it's still tough as nails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm very tempted to get The Golf Club 2019 (15 euro on psn sale). The golf club 2 was good but the putting was almost impossible. I'm **** at golf irl but can still putt a ball in under 8 shots! I hear putting is better in 2019 but I'm sure it's still tough as nails.
    I see The Golf Club 2 is included with Xbox Game Pass so I'll give it a go. I seem to remember you wore nice green shorts playing The Golf Club 2, Zero.

Advertisement