Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Unfortunately there'll be no Finchy this time :(

(Wolf) Finchy returns. Great first episode. Anyone see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I watched it. I enjoy RKG a lot. Gav's story about the girl he took to the cinema when he was younger is one of the few things to actually make me laugh out loud on the internet.

In a sea of "ITSYABOY.....LIKE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!" etc on gaming Youtube, they seem like 3 genuine lads having a laugh while playing games.

Jammy bastards are making 30k a month on Patreon! Piss-take.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I watched it. I enjoy RKG a lot. Gav's story about the girl he took to the cinema when he was younger is one of the few things to actually make me laugh out loud on the internet.

In a sea of "ITSYABOY.....LIKE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!" etc on gaming Youtube, they seem like 3 genuine lads having a laugh while playing games.

Jammy bastards are making 30k a month on Patreon! Piss-take.

They are great. Blokes I could easily chill with and have a laugh. Don't recall the cinema story. Park bench is one that comes to mind.

Just watched first episode of Dark Souls 1 PTT. Rory has come a long way. Their patron increased by 5K on their first anniversary. Insane cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

(Wolf) Finchy returns. Great first episode. Anyone see it?

Saw it earlier but put it on my watch list for the morning :)

I loved Sekiro. Was my GOTY last year.

They are great. Blokes I could easily chill with and have a laugh. Don't recall the cinema story. Park bench is one that comes to mind.

Just watched first episode of Dark Souls 1 PTT. Rory has come a long way. Their patron increased by 5K on their first anniversary. Insane cash.

Same story. Starts off with the cinema, the "incident" takes place at a park bench later.

• Advertisement

Saw it earlier but put it on my watch list for the morning :)

I loved Sekiro. Was my GOTY last year.

Sekiro is probably my favourite game of all time. I fcuking love From Software games. Every release from Demons Souls to Sekiro are my favourite games. Ever. I may be a bit obsessed with them. Enjoy the series. I look forward to Guardian Ape, Seven Spears, Sword Saint etc frustration.

Same story. Starts off with the cinema, the "incident" takes place at a park bench later.

Would you happen to remember the episode/series? I've been trying to find it for ages now.

Sekiro is probably my favourite game of all time. I fcuking love From Software games. Every release from Demons Souls to Sekiro are my favourite games. Ever. I may be a bit obsessed with them. Enjoy the series. I look forward to Guardian Ape, Seven Spears, Sword Saint etc frustration.

Guardian Ape gave me a serious WTF moment :pac:

Loved all the boss fights though but the game was great from start to finish. I played on PC and I found the parry system very consistent and once it clicked I never lost it.

Lady Butterfly was a serious turning point for me. Took me hours but came away from that fight a better player.

Edit: Bloodbourne is my favorite but that is because I just loved the setting and atmosphere of it.

Would you happen to remember the episode/series? I've been trying to find it for ages now.

It's an early one, that's all I know. PTT season 1 or 2?

Edit: One google finds it fairly easy actually...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz1vuOX3Pro&feature=youtu.be&t=2215

It's an early one, that's all I know. PTT season 1 or 2?

Edit: One google finds it fairly easy actually...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz1vuOX3Pro&feature=youtu.be&t=2215

Nice one man, thanks. Been searching for that for years.

• Advertisement

Guardian Ape gave me a serious WTF moment :pac:

Loved all the boss fights though but the game was great from start to finish. I played on PC and I found the parry system very consistent and once it clicked I never lost it.

Lady Butterfly was a serious turning point for me. Took me hours but came away from that fight a better player.

Edit: Bloodbourne is my favorite but that is because I just loved the setting and atmosphere of it.

Did you completely avoid spoilers so weren't aware of G.A trick? From memory, you played Sekiro much later due to exams. Guardian Ape frightened the life out of me. Second try and thought I was a God until...... Nope. Que at 20 least more goes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well folks, I've played the first six or seven missions of Ace Combat 7 now, and it brings me no pleasure to report that it is not the second coming of Christ.

I mean, as far as games about planes shooting down other planes go, it's pretty good and the campaign has a nice, arcadey energy to it with good production values. It plays about as well as this kinda thing can (said as someone who has no interest in the more simulator aspects of flying games). But I mean it is what it is, and while there are some cool missions it's little more than a fun, solid slice of blockbuster silliness (and silly it is - the story is basically incomprehensible ****e).

Well folks, I've played the first six or seven missions of Ace Combat 7 now, and it brings me no pleasure to report that it is not the second coming of Christ.

I mean, as far as games about planes shooting down other planes go, it's pretty good and the campaign has a nice, arcadey energy to it with good production values. It plays about as well as this kinda thing can (said as someone who has no interest in the more simulator aspects of flying games). But I mean it is what it is, and while there are some cool missions it's little more than a fun, solid slice of blockbuster silliness (and silly it is - the story is basically incomprehensible ****e).

Uh oh your going to be in trouble with a certain poster :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Uh oh your going to be in trouble with a certain poster :pac:
    499971.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I never said it was the second coming of Christ. Just think that what it does it does really well. Just had a total blast playing it. There's games this year with better narrative. Games with more innovative ideas. But from a pure exhilarating gameplay perspective, I just had way more fun with Ace Combat 7 than any other game this year (other than Sayonara Wild Hearts which I only played recently).

Now if you are going to tell me that Outer Wilds is a better and more deserving game... well not going to argue with you because I can't. I think all the publications saying it was a very weak year for games were playing the wrong games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure a thread will be created for it here or the PlayStation forum but Sony have said they're skipping E3 this year again

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-01-11-playstation-will-not-participate-in-e3-2020

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ace Combat 7 in VR is absolutely brilliant, shame it's quite short. I enjoyed the flat game but it's sensational in VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Greyfox

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm sure a thread will be created for it here or the PlayStation forum but Sony have said they're skipping E3 this year again

A really stupid and baffling decision :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Other reports saying they've had a falling out with the organisers.
    At the same time it's not like they'll be completely under the radar. E3 was grand before the times of instant news.
    Sure so far they've just been mostly giving information to single outlets rather than announcements yet the information spreads quickly. Just have to look at how the PS5 logo reveal was received.
    True, they give Microsoft a clear path that weekend but Sony also get an entire event to themselves when they decide and that event will hopefully be on before 2am our time. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nothing surprising there. E3 is becoming increasingly meaningless and Nintendo showed you can do great pr without E3. Sony's last E3 conference was an expensive pile of garbage and copying Nintendo this year hasvworked a lot better for them. No surprise they are skipping it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I wouldn't have expected Sony at this year's E3 anyway, given that skipping it last year had zero impact on them. With the PS5 this year, they can have their own shows and maybe show something at some of the other smaller shows and get a bigger share of the headlines/press coverage.

Been playing Metal Gear Peace Walker off and on while at the parents house and thoroughly enjoying it. I finished the main game recently and while I really enjoyed it I'm now on to the post game and it really reminds me of the VR mission pack for MGS on the PS1. Little bitesized missions exploring the mechanics of the game in weird and wonderful games.

What I wasn't impressed by was the quite frankly pedophilic date paz mission.... How that managed to make it to the final game is baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Take for instance Easy Allies hyperbole filled God of War review

Easy allies have a policy of letting whoever is the biggest fan of a particular franchise review the newest game, which personally I think is a bit silly. I watch a lot of their content ( i'm a patron ) but I only tend to watch reviews written by Ben, Bloodworth or Damiani as I think they're best critical writers there.

I agree. Think it's a really dumb way of doing reviews as you don't end up with objective criticism of the game especially with the Easy Allies crew who just get caught up in the hype too much. I don't think they are mature enough or cynical enough to give an objective review over a game they are salivating and fanboying over.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

The borgia towers? The staff recruitment system? Multiplayer? None of that felt new?

Other than multiplayer, which I only spent a little bit of time on, none of these features felt very meaningful.

The recruitment stuff is a lot like how in an MMO you send off some squad to gather resources. Just another system to build up bigger numbers.

They could also assassinate for you but this kind of stuff and the Borgia towers are very incremental updates kind of like how in Tomb Raider each game would add a few new moves to lara's skillset.

When a new game comes out in a series I just need more than a small bulletlist of new features. That's where these games feel more like MMO expansions to me, just built on top of the old stuff with a few new bits and bobs here and there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Evade

Been playing Metal Gear Peace Walker off and on while at the parents house and thoroughly enjoying it. I finished the main game recently and while I really enjoyed it I'm now on to the post game and it really reminds me of the VR mission pack for MGS on the PS1. Little bitesized missions exploring the mechanics of the game in weird and wonderful games.

What I wasn't impressed by was the quite frankly pedophilic date paz mission.... How that managed to make it to the final game is baffling.
    Paz is
    in her mid 20s

Evade wrote: »
    Paz is
    in her mid 20s

That's some anime magical girl Loli **** going on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's very much of the "Quiet wears revealing clothes because she breathes through her skin" line of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Evade

Or the spy pretending to be a teenager looks like a teenager.

• Advertisement
Advertisement