Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Hugo Martin is on Joe Rogan today. Setting in to listen now hopefully it is good.

He is the creative director on Doom Eternal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hugo Martin is on Joe Rogan today. Setting in to listen now hopefully it is good.

He is the creative director on Doom Eternal.

That'll be good, the John Carmack was great. He's a big doom fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fugyvuhgvhbjb

Do you think the shops for buying games in like Smyths and Gamestop will close due to corona virus? Just thinking about Resident Evil 3 Remake and Final Fantasy 7 Remake

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Do you think the shops for buying games in like Smyths and Gamestop will close due to corona virus? Just thinking about Resident Evil 3 Remake and Final Fantasy 7 Remake

GameStop have sent comms stating they are staying open but to also avail of the online/delivery stuff. That will continue.

Tbh, as long as t'internet stays working, between PS+, PS Now and Xbox Games Pass for PC, I'm covered for the forseeable! Planning for this my entire life really!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Varik wrote: »
    That'll be good, the John Carmack was great. He's a big doom fan.

It was okay, very short by Rogan standards, about 90 mins, and they spent a lot a lot of time on non Doom stuff. But he seems really into what he does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I've still barely played Red Dead 2 , same for Witcher 3. Never ending backlog

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

J. Marston wrote: »
    College and work off for the foreseeable future so decided to play some games. Nothing to play so tried PS Now's free trial. My eyes lit up when I saw the MGSHD Collection is on there.

After 10 minutes I realise the button presses on the PS4 controller don't support pressure sensitive controls so you can't interrogate/CQC at all. It's a small thing but something I really enjoyed from the games and now I don't really want to play it.

Will try Control.

The original MGS is hard to play now IMO. Had fond memories, but the control system is horrendous compared to modern games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All that information and they couldn't answer the most important question: How does Ninja Gaiden Black play on it?

No one was wearing white gloves, epic fail.

No class like Nintendo or Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looked at the gameplay video of this and I honestly missed it when it was released....looks like good fun and siomething different but what is it about Japanese games where the women are hyper sexualised and look very very young.

I've seen some weird japanese games in my steam discovey queue.

Was looking at gameplay trailers... the added scenario for the Nightmare Princess section looks like some next level nonsense. I can't wait to give it a go when I finish the main game.

Fact it's not going to be assembled by hand is going to help. That 130mm high static pressure fan is a big deal, it's going to be pretty quite.

Going to far easier than current gen to mod it, no complex heatpipes or custom heat spreads to have to work with as you can remove it all and use something complete new.

Only bad thing I can see is the proprietary nvme enclosure for the external storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It pretty impressive,MS seem to have gone all out.

Over to Sony now,be more interesting to see where they differ as much as how similar the new consoles will be.

Those custom SSD enclosures are going to be an expensive upgrade:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I just watched on Austins channel and he just assembled by hand with magnets holding everything in place
    Will there be screws and if so it looks like they will be minimal

Skerries wrote: »
    I just watched on Austins channel and he just assembled by hand with magnets holding everything in place
    Will there be screws and if so it looks like they will be minimal

Magnets are only there for these demos for the puny humans, the machines assembling them won't need it.

Might just be that the case is screwed shut and that's it.

Edit: Never mind just watch Austins video and it show far more than the DF one, you can see a lot of standoffs and hole for screws everywhere.

Just found my new favourite gaming twitter account

https://twitter.com/SavedYouAClickV

Cuts out the clickbait, misleading, or just plain wrong titles.

https://twitter.com/SavedYouAClickV/status/1239584785019719682

https://twitter.com/SavedYouAClickV/status/1239700457494212608

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The new Xbox will be able to not just sync your save state with xCloud, but will also upload the game state as well, so you'll be able to pick up exactly where you left off. Highly impressive.

I've recently bought a clip of my controller that holds my phone for xCloud gaming. It's a bit pointless now that we're all quarantined, but it's still nice to have for streaming the console while I'm in bed.

It's in here:

At their basic point save states are just dumping ram to persistent storage, for an emulator running an old game it's almost the entirety of what the game using on ram. If the Xbox limits whats needed so that most of the game files are loaded normally and then the save state is only a small file it could be useful for either exporting or uploading. Rather than a several GB large file.

Hopefully there's an option to manually do this if Xbox are pushing it, hit the new share button and in addition to save video or screenshots you can save your current game state to share that. I share and play shared replay files for Total wars game, see if you can win an unwinable fight or can do as well as someone did.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ace Combat 7 being added to GamePass tomorrow, nice. That'll keep me busy for a while..... Once I get around to it that is, I've only started Gears 5 recently.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1240262292542910465

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

AC7 handle well on a joypad?

• Advertisement

• 2004 version 2.0 starts Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Evade

nix wrote: »
    AC7 handle well on a joypad?
    They got the controls perfect about 20 years ago and haven't changed them.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ace Combat 7 being added to GamePass tomorrow, nice. That'll keep me busy for a while..... Once I get around to it that is, I've only started Gears 5 recently.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1240262292542910465

Did I mention that it's a great game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It's not really though,especially if you have played the older games. They had their time but 7 feels way to familiar to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Here we go again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Not sure correct place to post this as I am not usually posting on this area of the forum. But Steam are giving Tomb Raider away fro free at the moment if you want to log in and get it:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/203160/Tomb_Raider/

If there is a more appropriate place to post it, go ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Will I be able to play the games ive downloaded from the ps store for my ps4 on the ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Will I be able to play the games ive downloaded from the ps store for my ps4 on the ps5

Nothing in that great a detail has been fully detailed yet, but it'd be utterly bizarre if they didn't allow that. It's likely you'll be able to transfer or re-download it onto the PS5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Haven't they said "Most of the top 100 PS4 games will play on the PS5". Most, not all. So it sounds like it won't have true backwards compatibility.

• Advertisement

So all the big games people care about like Fifa and Madden.

Advertisement