Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

gizmo wrote: »
    It's spelled Ikea Karlby.

Isn't that just the worktop?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Markitron wrote: »

I built my own desk with Ikea stuff. Two Alex drawers and a Ekbacken worktop do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

End of an era though - the Alex drawers are going EOL. Get them while you can, if the Ikea look is your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Markitron wrote: »
    It is, but it's so widely used on the sub that it's joked it should be renamed after it.
    Mr Crispy wrote: »
    End of an era though - the Alex drawers are going EOL. Get them while you can, if the Ikea look is your thing.
    Yea, I waited a couple of months for them to come back in stock in Black-Brown and eventually they just went straight to EOL. Ended up getting two of the beige ones before they went the same way thankfully but still, another weird decision from Ikea to end such a popular colour range in the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,910 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'll have to break out the SNES later and play F-Zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'll have to break out the SNES later and play F-Zero.

I had a SNES many years ago until my cousin poured coke into the cartridge area while it was turned on. I'd probably still have it if that didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,910 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I had a SNES many years ago until my cousin poured coke into the cartridge area while it was turned on. I'd probably still have it if that didn't happen.
    I hope you kicked his arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Hearing Diablo 2 is getting a remake job by Vicarious Visions. I'd actually like to see them tackle a remake of that game, since they did so well with Spyro, Crash and THPS1+2.

What's really irritating me, though, is the fan-reaction to this game being made. People think that it'll be the same botch job that happened with Warcraft 3: Reforged, when in all matter of fact it was made by an entirely different team.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why remake D2 when D4 is just around the corner?

Its the same as BC Classic, you're just charging people for the same games again....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Vicxas wrote: »

Its the same as BC Classic, you're just charging people for the same games again....

Little mix of a cash grab, nostalgia and player demand. WoW Classic was a massive success, brought back a huge amount of the playerbase and has seen far more people complete content than previously.

TBC is much loved, the private servers that exist tend to last a long time and have a dedicated playerbase. It's a win win for Blizzard and the playerbase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dont get me wrong i'd love to play BC again, but whats next. WOTLK, Cata?

It'd be just going around in circles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Activision Blizzard recently said Diablo 4 wouldn't be out this year. The lack of release date in general or even beta access date would imply it's most definitely not around the corner.

That being said, you should try telling a Diablo fan that D3 is the same game as D2, you know, for funs. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dont get me wrong i'd love to play BC again, but whats next. WOTLK, Cata?

It'd be just going around in circles

I think thats exactly the idea. Just follow the outlay of the original game in terms of patches and such, then launch the next expansion at the end. At least theres the option to stay in a particular version of the game, can see a lot of people remain in a WoTLK era server than move to Cata as it was not as well received.

Do you think they'll port it to other consoles ala Diablo 3? I know Diablo 1 was once ported to the PS1 but I don't know if D2 ever got a console version.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Do you think they'll port it to other consoles ala Diablo 3? I know Diablo 1 was once ported to the PS1 but I don't know if D2 ever got a console version.

It is coming out on all consoles as well as PC.

Xenji wrote: »
    It is coming out on all consoles as well as PC.

Oh I must've missed that part. Lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Subnautica thread doesn't get much traction but can't recommend it enough, absolutely incredible. Almost up there with Outer Wilds for discovering through exploring and not being told what to do. Also, i usually wouldn't play 'easy mode' in games like this but Freedom Mode (can't die of thirst or starvation) really ramped up my experience with the game. There's enough deadly stuff that can kill you and things to find without stopping to rest every now and then.

Thanks to the few on here who recommended it, I'm still only about half way through the story but can't wait for Subnautica Below Zero to release on consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I gave journey to the savage planet a go and it's great fun. A take on metroid prime with a decent sense of humour and good character design. The balloon owls farting carbon never gets old.

This came through the post this morning.

I'll just silently begrudge the fact it says Series X on the top corner and I'm sitting here with an Xbox One :pac:

image.png
    image.png

2 games I've been interested in just went on sale on psn, both 12 euro. Night in the Woods and Stranded Deep.

Think I'll most likely get Night in the Woods anyway, sounds really interesting.

Stranded Deep though, anyone play this? I'm on the tail end of Subnautica which is absolutely brilliant and i have a feeling stranded deep will be fairly bare bones in comparison?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    2 games I've been interested in just went on sale on psn, both 12 euro. Night in the Woods and Stranded Deep.

Think I'll most likely get Night in the Woods anyway, sounds really interesting.

Stranded Deep though, anyone play this? I'm on the tail end of Subnautica which is absolutely brilliant and i have a feeling stranded deep will be fairly bare bones in comparison?

Got Stranded Deep free on Epic over Christmas, pretty disappointing. Nothing remotely like Subnautica.

It's got a lot of issues, not particularly intuitive in many cases, weird things like reloading a save disables the tutorial unless you start again from scratch.

That said, I'd gone on a fairly critical rant about it to a friend before I realised it's still in Early Access. So it might get better but right now I wouldn't recommend it.

I bought the EA of Subnautica: Below Zero last year, had a quick look a few months ago but holding off until release, which hopefully should be in the next couple of months. But what I saw looked pretty good, I'd definitely go for that ahead of Stranded Deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Stranded Deep is on PSnow if that's an option for you, not sure if they're still doing free trials

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Stranded Deep is on PSnow if that's an option for you, not sure if they're still doing free trials

Ah thanks, will check if I have a free trial again.

Played and enjoyed Night in the Woods on gamepass recently enough. I'd say it's worth a look at that price. Was a relaxing change of pace and the characters and humour were great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Am I the only masochist looking forward to ghouls n ghost resurrection tomorrow? Mixed reviews but eurogamer was pretty glowing and imagine a lot of newbie journalist won't get it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Am I the only masochist looking forward to ghouls n ghost resurrection tomorrow? Mixed reviews but eurogamer was pretty glowing and imagine a lot of newbie journalist won't get it.

Is it just on Nintendo Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Iguarantee

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Just gotten the email about D2-R and opted in. Cash-grabby as it is, the fact that people have (and still do) play the original after all this time speaks for itself, so revitalizing it with full FPS and 4k (updated) graphics benefits the company and players. Company more, but you know how it goes. Looks nice either way and I'll be adding it to my collection for sure. Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 are one of many titles you just can't put out of mind so easily. D3 was... serviceably forgettable... and I haven't much hope for D4, but we'll see how that goes.

As for other Blizzard stuff -- they've dropped Heroes of the Storm like a bad habit (still adding stuff, but no more heavy support), which is old news. Shadowlands (WoW) has been reduced to logging in per week to cap my renown and then spam M+ all day, so I've taken another break and returned to FFXIV waiting for new WoW stuff. Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 can scratch my ARPG itch when they arrive, but I'll be more interested in seeing how Path of Exile 2 turns out.

Such a shame, really. There was a time you'd be gagging for Blizzard to release something, but it's just not quite the same as ActiBlizz.

I wouldn’t touch the likes of WC3 remastered with a bargepole but the D2 rehash looked great in the promo video I saw.

D3 did nothing for me until they released adventure mode, something which should have been there day one in my opinion.

D4 looks like more of the same, I distinctly remember thinking that D3 looked boring when I saw the reveal trailer years ago, I was right at the time and I have the same expectation of D4 based on the videos I’ve seen.

D2 remastered or whatever it’s called is much more interesting to me than D4.

It’s a great era for gaming, seems that we get most of the stuff we wish for. The next elder scrolls game is my big wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Iguarantee wrote: »
    The next elder scrolls game is my big wish!

Definitely coming, question is, will we get a united Ireland first?

I give it a 50/50 chance myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is it just on Nintendo Switch?

Timed exclusive.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Timed exclusive.

Ah okay, would love to give that another go. Never cleared it in my youth and I was okay with that, not every game had to be completed and this one got the better of me. Let's see the articles about how there should be a 'story mode' added for people who just want to experience the adventure.

Advertisement