Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    PS4 wins. If you have a PC there's no point in getting a Xbox. What few exclusives there are or will be on Xbox are on or coming to pc bar one or two. The Xbox One just doesn't make sense as a system.

.... honestly if you have a PC the PS4 doesn't make much sense but I feel that system will finally be worthwhile in 2018. I'm expecting a good PSX event.

Aye, I have old pc by todays standards, but its still powerful enough. (2500k 1060 6bg and 3440x1440 monitor ), but due to my life, family, work I barely finding time or will go to my nerd cave and play there. Thats why switch is pretty much main gaming device. When you are old and have family consoles kind of make more sense hehe.
    Even ps4 is getting more play time and I haven't bought games for it for very very long time. Ps+ and games I bought before keep me entertained.

Have to admit, after seeing hdr tvs in pcworld, it really dropped my jaw on how good it looks and its main reason I want to upgrade.

Ps4 pro looks like better deal and makes the best logical decision. On the other hand I feel like Clarkson - MORE POWER! Having same console as my ratty will help me turning her in to dark sode of gaming as at the moment she is a disappointment. :pac: She is generation that is growing on brain dead mobile games on tablets and anything that is challanging is stupid and boring. I want to fix that! :)

Cheers for replies lads. Really nice to hear some second opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

What's a ratty?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

ShadowHearth I would get a Xbox One X so you can share Xbox live subscription and games with your daughter.

sweetie wrote: »
    What's a ratty?

You know, a little rodent, eats like one, makes mess, drain on recourses and only leaves nests at age of 18+ if you lucky. At least in China you can have these ratties to work and have some benefit. :pac:

ShadowHearth I would get a Xbox One X so you can share Xbox live subscription and games with your daughter.

I only heard a bit about it, but there is some sort of family sharing thing? If I get live sub on my account ill be able to share it with her instead of buying her sub too? Would that xbox pass work same? As I have to admit, its fantastic sub if you have kids, just pay tenner a month and they have massive selection. As you know how it is, buy them a game for 60eu and they are bored after 5min never to come back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I only heard a bit about it, but there is some sort of family sharing thing? If I get live sub on my account ill be able to share it with her instead of buying her sub too? Would that xbox pass work same? As I have to admit, its fantastic sub if you have kids, just pay tenner a month and they have massive selection. As you know how it is, buy them a game for 60eu and they are bored after 5min never to come back to it.

I'm not sure about the xbox game pass or ea sub as I don't game that much myself to get much benefit from them so I never got them but I do have a gold sub for the free games each month. And yes one xbox live sub can do both consoles and play online at the same time and all your games(if digital, as if disc only one person can play it as it needs to be in the console) can work on both consoles.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You would only need one XBL gold sub, ea access sub and game pass sub to avail of them on both consoles.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You would only need one XBL gold sub, ea access sub and game pass sub to avail of them on both consoles.

That actually then seals it for me. I will still have my phat ps4 for exclusive stuff if I will want, until I get pro.

Does it work somehow faffy? Or is it easy to set up.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That actually then seals it for me. I will still have my phat ps4 for exclusive stuff if I will want, until I get pro.

Does it work somehow faffy? Or is it easy to set up.

No it's really simple, go in to your daughter's xbox on your account and set that as your home xbox then they can play all your games and use your subs then you just log in on the other one and play away on your own account.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

From the Boards Game Awards nominations, it sounds like I really need to play Hellblade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I started playing Dirt Rally last weekend. Serious amount of concentation required to play that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    From the Boards Game Awards nominations, it sounds like I really need to play Hellblade.

It did really well at the Game Awards last night as well. I'm after buying a heap of games over the last two weeks and I had told myself that I was done for the year but the fact that this is on sale for the weekend had me awfully tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Play it with headphones in, losing a lot of the experience if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I started playing Dirt Rally last weekend. Serious amount of concentation required to play that.

Spectacular game. The only rally SIM you would ever need.

Beyond practice and practice some more, the only tip I could give you is forget about your times to begin with and just focus on trying to finish cleanly. Speed will come naturally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

I'm in bit of a rut at the moment game wise. Have Batman Arkham Knight and Deus Ex Mankind Divided ready to rock but can't get up the appetite to get stuck into them. Currently playing Oxenfree sporadically. Any tips on reigniting my interest?

Think I've found it difficult to like anything since I played The Phantom Pain. Just too good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I'm in bit of a rut at the moment game wise. Have Batman Arkham Knight and Deus Ex Mankind Divided ready to rock but can't get up the appetite to get stuck into them. Currently playing Oxenfree sporadically. Any tips on reigniting my interest?

Think I've found it difficult to like anything since I played The Phantom Pain. Just too good.

I haven't played Deus Ex but Arkham Knight is a fantastic game. More Arkham goodness, if you liked the first two you should like it. Great story, fantastic gameplay. It's one of two games I've bothered doing an NG + run on and I even collected all the riddler trophies. The Batmobile takes some getting used to but it's grand. In saying that my nephew hated it, mainly because of the Batmobile

I haven't played Deus Ex but Arkham Knight is a fantastic game. More Arkham goodness, if you liked the first two you should like it. Great story, fantastic gameplay. It's one of two games I've bothered doing an NG + run on and I even collected all the riddler trophies. The Batmobile takes some getting used to but it's grand. In saying that my nephew hated it, mainly because of the Batmobile

I was so so about the first 2 games to be honest. But I'll give it a shot over Xmas. I appreciate they are high quality games. Really like the first Deus Ex so probably more looking forward to that.

Might get the Last Halo game too even though I've already ran thought it twice. Still love Halo even though they haven't evolved as much as I'd hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Spectacular game. The only rally SIM you would ever need.

Beyond practice and practice some more, the only tip I could give you is forget about your times to begin with and just focus on trying to finish cleanly. Speed will come naturally.

That's what I'm doing now. I've entered another championship driving the beautiful Ford RS200, and I've managed to stay out of trouble for the most of the first two rallies I have entered.

I'm getting a good feel for the game now so I'm starting to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I setup the settings for my wheel in Dirt Rally today but I'm gonna stick at playing Assetto Corsa for now, I'm loving learning how to drive these cars with the wheel/pedals.

Still on the modestly powered cars, I haven't gone above 500bhp yet :O :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

My brother plays Gran Turismo Sport from time to time. Sometimes, he takes me downstairs to the living room so I can help him get all the gold medals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I've gone through a few gaming slumps before, and each time, I found that it meant I just needed a break. A couple of months without gaming, and suddenly I was loving every game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

May be able to change your PSN name next year...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-exec-hints-that-well-be-able-to-change-psn-na/1100-6455534/

About fúcking time.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I've gone through a few gaming slumps before, and each time, I found that it meant I just needed a break. A couple of months without gaming, and suddenly I was loving every game again.

I have a good bit of free time coming up and added to this weather I might just find myself back in the mood for gaming.

J. Marston wrote: »

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-exec-hints-that-well-be-able-to-change-psn-na/1100-6455534/

About fúcking time.

Oh god, finally. I am seek of being shadwhearth on psn!!! I did not realised I misspelled my name!
    Why did it took so long for them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

J. Marston wrote: »

About fúcking time.

About time.

Mr.IqikScopedUrMom is probably a 40 year old accountant with a wife and 3 kids and would appreciate a name change :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

About time.

Mr.IqikScopedUrMom is probably a 40 year old accountant with a wife and 3 kids and would appreciate a name change :D
    To be fair he was probably in his early 30s when he made that so he deserves the shame. The teenager who made Xx_Sakura420_xX probably deserves a second chance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just played through Superhot VR, and it certainly ranks among the coolest things I've ever played. Physically exhausting, but the concept just comes alive in VR in a way the original game didn't. Dodging bullets like Neo!

Also spent a few hours this weekend with ECHO, after hearing a few critics I have a lot of time for sing its praises. They weren't wrong. One of the most compelling game spaces I've seen in a while - starts with a slow descent through towering icy structures into a seemingly endless, sterile palace. Impressively oppressive and creepy architecture, and that's before the stealth gameplay kicks in. The concept of an army of clones that copies your moveset across one-minute cycles is very artificial, but also incredibly clever and unnerving. The sense of constantly having to change your approach matched with the overwhelmingly vast, repetitive space the game is set makes it feel like a psychological horror at times. A deeply strange, engrossing game - don't think it'll be for everyone, but personally finding it a fascinating piece of design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Would love to get a chance to play Superhot in VR someday, even the standard game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Munt1core

i am wondering when some gaming company will revive the Harry Potter games, there are many posibilities to make a cool VR game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Would love to get a chance to play Superhot in VR someday, even the standard game.

Try the browser game! https://albatr.itch.io/superhotline-miami

Advertisement