Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Woah, woah, woah, this is a place of peace and love, people.

Unless you're one of those pc master race fellas. Those lads are scumbags…

I'm not the one being hostile tbf

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Enough folks, no harm posting some top 10 videos. It's a discussion forum, and sometimes people like to discuss these lists.

And keep things civil or there will be infractions given.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Mfwic_47 wrote: »
    Falthyron, I don't want Steam but I do want the game. I must have bought it with the condition that Steam gets to rule.

Many games today are considered 'Steam Powered' which means they work in conjunction with the Steam client. There are benefits to this and also drawbacks, one being that you must have Steam installed. The Civilization series has been using Steam for the past number of games and Civ VI is one of them. As far as I know, there isn't a non-Steam version of Civ VI. Maybe GOG.com has one, but I doubt it.

Steam isn't particularly invasive and once you have the game installed you can just set Steam to offline mode and still enjoy Civ.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I can't watch any of these YouTube videos if they are done by Amercians.

They all keep saying "go ahead". For example, they can't just say "I'm going to load up this game" or "I'll just click on this icon" or "I'm going to take out my penis". No, they say "I'm going to go ahead and load up this game", I'm going to go ahead and click on this icon, I'm going to go ahead and take out my penis. In fact there's no verb that American YouTubers won't preface with "go ahead".

Many of you will notice this now. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Maximilian wrote: »
    I can't watch any of these YouTube videos if they are done by Amercians.

They all keep saying "go ahead". For example, they can't just say "I'm going to load up this game" or "I'll just click on this icon" or "I'm going to take out my penis". No, they say "I'm going to go ahead and load up this game", I'm going to go ahead and click on this icon, I'm going to go ahead and take out my penis. In fact there's no verb that American YouTubers won't preface with "go ahead".

Many of you will notice this now. Sorry.

Go ahead and ruin my enjoyment of YouTube videos :mad:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Dark Souls Remastered is coming on 25 May to the PS4, PC, Xbox One, and most excitingly, the Switch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Dark Souls Remastered is coming on 25 May to the PS4, PC, Xbox One, and most excitingly, the Switch!

The Switch? Would that survive being flung at a couch in frustration when you die for the umpteenth time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Assassin’s creed rogue remastered is out on March 20 for PS4 and Xbox One

The Switch? Would that survive being flung at a couch in frustration when you die for the umpteenth time?

You've always gotta keep a level head in anything Souls-related!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmmm Dark souls on xbox one x with 60fps and all eye candy or on my switch, so I can look very pissed off in public. I genuinely cant decide!

• Advertisement

I'm getting it either on PC or Switch, or even both.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great news, haven't played that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Great news, haven't played that one.

It's a good game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    It's a good game.

Is there ship combat?

Is there ship combat?

Argh! There sure is captain.

It's one of the two Assassin's Creed games I never completed; Unity I never played because I didn't have anything to play it on at the time (and the general consensus was it wasn't great).

Rogue I got bored half way through. No reason/desire at all to revisit it.

Still have Origins on my backlog anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Still have Origins on my backlog anyway.

Once you play Origins, it will be hard to go back to an earlier AC. Origins reinvented the series, and it feels right, but you still have pre-Syndicate combat with Rogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Once you play Origins, it will be hard to go back to an earlier AC. Origins reinvented the series, and it feels right, but you still have pre-Syndicate combat with Rogue.

After I finished Origins, I started to play the original AC last week!
    It's not as bad as you would expect it to be 10 iterations ago, but the fighting is awful! All based on the counter attack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

marcbrophy wrote: »
    After I finished Origins, I started to play the original AC last week!
    It's not as bad as you would expect it to be 10 iterations ago, but the fighting is awful! All based on the counter attack :)

I played the first when it came out and never played another since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I played the first when it came out and never played another since.

At the time, I hated it, never finished it!
    Took a friend of mine a bit of convincing to get me to play the 2nd one, but I'm glad I did. They only got better and better with each release (personal opinion, obviously) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,689 ✭✭✭✭Penn

marcbrophy wrote: »
    At the time, I hated it, never finished it!
    Took a friend of mine a bit of convincing to get me to play the 2nd one, but I'm glad I did. They only got better and better with each release (personal opinion, obviously) :D

The 2nd is so much better than the first one. It's genuinely one of my favourite games of all time. As I've often said, it fixed everything that was wrong with AC1, improved everything that was good in AC1, and then added in a whole bunch of new stuff which all worked brilliantly. Brotherhood kept the momentum going, and kinda since then it's been a bit up and down. But AC2 and Brotherhood are brilliant games.

Penn wrote: »
    The 2nd is so much better than the first one. It's genuinely one of my favourite games of all time. As I've often said, it fixed everything that was wrong with AC1, improved everything that was good in AC1, and then added in a whole bunch of new stuff which all worked brilliantly. Brotherhood kept the momentum going, and kinda since then it's been a bit up and down. But AC2 and Brotherhood are brilliant games.

I'm a fan of Ezio. He and Edward are my favourites in the AC games.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Ezio. He and Edward are my favourites in the AC games.

Ezio, for sure. Great character, very charismatic.

Edward was just an arrogant ass. Game was great though.

I think the native American (Connor?) was in between those two? I remember going through the game thinking "you naive fool".

And then we had "Irishman McLeprechaun" in Rogue... he got on my nerves quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Connor may have been the most boring protagonist in the history of gaming.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I preferred 3 over 4. Connor wasn't a great character but the setting and overall story was better and the campaign had more variety in the missions. All I remember of Black Flag campaign was the constant "follow this guy somewhere" missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Jim sterling, angry joe, total biscuit, I can't stand any of them anymore, ACG is great though.

total biscuits probably the person I hate most that I've never met or in the grand scheme of things did anything deserving of anything approaching hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I preferred 3 over 4. Connor wasn't a great character but the setting and overall story was better and the campaign had more variety in the missions. All I remember of Black Flag campaign was the constant "follow this guy somewhere" missions.

This is why I couldn't bring myself to play more than 2-3 hours when it was free a few weeks ago. Are all AC games like this? I mean that's the point of an open world if you have to walk in an exact, predetermined line or essentially die?

I should try it again since I mightn't have given it enough of a chance but but to be honest it was the most bored I've been of any game I've picked up since getting back into gaming 15 months ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Assassins Creed is one of the worst games of last generation. Beautifully detailed world and absolutely feck all to do in it. So boring.

The sequels thankfully are a vast improvement.

I feel assassin's creed as a franchise hasn't even lived up to half of its potential. On paper it has everything to be one of the best series of all time but it just kinda hangs there in mediocrity. Shame but that's pure Ubisoft isn't it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I remember thoroughly enjoying the first one, even with its repetition. It felt new and exciting!

And I believe Origins is after re-inventing the series, so hopefully they keep it at 1 every 2 years or more, seems to work better for them! CDPR showed everyone how it's done with The Witcher 3, delay it until it's ready!

Advertisement