Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well there you go. I mean, to be clear, I don't even mean jogging here. My aforementioned physio said simply walking at a brisk pace for those 30+ minutes would do the work you need to keep loose and not-crocked. And yeah, he waa dead right. Especially now I'm 40+

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Exercise, take regular breaks, remember to eat food.... Ye need to toughen up lads. Get a chair with a built in potty and plough on.

Started watching Dead Pixels on Netflix. It's about 3 gamers playing online together most of the day and night (even while at work). They are the most annoying characters I've ever seen, just horrible people where it's like the creator thought it would be funny to show horrible gamers being horrible. I've had to turn to my missus at one point and tell her this is NOT what i do when she goes to bed.

It seems to be getting great reviews and i get making a show about 'regular' gamers would be boring but this is about as fun as actually having dead pixels in your screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yep. Download an app that counts your steps and try to build up to 10k steps. Listen to music, podcast or audiobook while you do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

This looks totally fine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Louise A. Garcia

My friend is an extra-talented IT professional, but his continuous work damned him with back pain. He suffered a lot and tried different remedies to cure his back pain. He lost his concentration at work and was very much rattled by life. He is not lifting anything heavy or doing anything to cause back pain, but he is required to sit in a chair on a regular basis as part of his job, which causes him back pain. He learned about chiropractic treatments during this time and underwent chiropractic treatments at a nearby clinic. With the help of an experienced chiropractor, he cured his back pain very quickly. Now he recommends chiropractic treatment for those who are suffering from pain. This may help you too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd recommend seeing an actual doctor or physio. A chiro is alternative medicine nonsense with the same legitimacy of the likes of homeopathy and the amount of life ruining injuries they cause is scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

Sometimes even serious injuries like slipped/bulged discs will subside by themselves (or just their symptoms) which may leave the wrong impression that pseudoscientific nonsense like that works. It doesn't. See the GP asap and don't leave without a MRI referral.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well my chair came by courier today. I put it together just now. Seems good from first impressions anyway. My back is still bad though. I do not know how long it will take to heal but I am not lying down while playing games again. That's all well and good for a teenager but when you are hitting middle age in two years you really do have to watch yourself. (Just for reference I am going by 40 as middle age)

Can you afford a visit to a physiotherapist? If so, it will help. It helped with my back problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

For backs, maybe we should all get one of these.

Think it's the Switch 2 add on for Ring Fit Adventure. 😆

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

Have to say, this thread has made me very aware of my awful posture while gaming and find myself readjusting so thanks lads.

For those who work from home and are sitting at a desk all day I'd recommend a stand up desk. They're not cheap at around €500, but I got a manual wind up one which slashed the price and my company contributed €200 towards it. I'd also recommend an anti-fatigue mat to go with it to help with sore feet. It makes so much more sense to be standing. I find I take breaks more often to have a sit down.

If you get an adjustable one you can sit down in the evening for some gaming and not feel bad for sitting at your desk all day and all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I got around to start playing Sniper Elite 5 last night. It's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

There's nothing like shooting a fuel tank on a truck with enemies standing next to it. Boom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I went to the doctor a few years ago with a back injury, and he told me it was common for middle age.

I was a bit put out by that, and he pointed out, that well, unless I was going to live to 120, I most certainly was 'middle aged' :(

Diablo Immortal out now. Taking an eternity to download. Looking forward to this, I know it got a lot of backlash but to me if there was ever a game suited to mobile its Diablo. I know i know, micro transactions, whatever time to get over it. Hope I can use my xbox razer controller on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I played about 15 mins of it and was pretty impressed. Hopefully it stays that way. I also tried using my kishi and it seems to work fine, need to change a few key bindings but it has a controller menu in the options for all that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is this the Diablo made famous by the "do you not all have phones?" remark at a convention?

That's the one.

Well that's an anticlimax. Took an eternity to download and then decided to give me a message saying your phone is no longer compatible. I've a Samsung Galaxy S10+ ffs. If that's not compatible then not many phones will be. This is.going to be a very niche market.

Went ahead and loaded it anyway and yep, graphics are just a screen of coloured blocks. Definitely not compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like a unity mod with a sonic model thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Looks empty and lifeless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s amazing how Sonic Team, a team dedicated to making Sonic games, has so little understanding of how a Sonic game should should work or look or sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm open to the idea, because I genuinely never got the love of the 2D games. But it's weird seeing a completely 100% cartoon character in a fairly realistic look world. As Retr0 said, looks like a Unity mod with a standout Sonic model. But it does indeed look lifeless. And while open world, it seems to be on rails too. I dunno.

Re: 40 being middle aged, the last survey (2016) said the average male life expetency in Ireland is 79.6 years, so yeah, 40 is middle! Nearly in the club.

Advertisement