Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 John Novak

what else would you recommend for ps?

What can you play on iPhone?

I really like to play all sorts of puzzles on my phone, I tried different ones, while Sudoku, chess, 2044 come in. What else can you advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭McFly85

Put a couple of hours into Rollerdrome this evening. It’s really good. Nails the retrofuturist death sport motif, and while it took a while to get used to the controls, it feels really cool when you pull of a chain of kills/dodges/tricks.

It gets chaotic really quickly too. I can imagine the story won’t take too long but the challenges in each level will keep me coming back.

Now if only someone could do a proper next-gen Speedball…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’ve been playing it too, only through the first ‘cup’ (mainly because of the challenges - only the one left to do, because I was struggling to finish that fourth level in 2:35 😅). It’s bloody fantastic IMO. Moves and plays like a dream. Fast, stylish and slick. Looks and sounds the part for sure, but just feels great to play.

It’s a combat game first and foremost - the trick system isn’t a patch on something like THPS, but having tricks as the reload mechanic is a genius bit of game design. Ensures you’re constantly looking for the next ramp at the same time you’re trying to take down the enemies.

Need to get a feel for all the weapons. The shotgun and rocket launcher are cool, but sometimes it seems more efficient to just empty a round of pistol bullets into the armoured grunts.

Neon White, Ghostrunner, Boomerang X, now this… what a time for stylish action games, and we still haven’t even gotten Bayonetta 3 yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

On Netflix now for anybody interested

• Registered Users Posts: 28,024 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

We'll swap you Forza Horizon??? No???? Anyone??????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wasn't the Death Stranding PC release done independently of Sony? Published by 505 Games rather than Sony themselves, in contrast to Horizon, God of War etc... which were first-party PC releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Just get a Series S. It's white in colour so it will look great next to your PS5 😉

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Game was partially funded by Sony for a timed exclusive release but Kojima Studios kept all rights so It's not really a Sony game.

However I'll gladly pretend it's a Sony game to fuel more hilarious Sony fanboy tears, who seem to be personally slighted by the fact more people are getting more games to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nobody should ever oppose Sony games being released on different platforms.

If it wasn't for that, we might never have gotten the ability to play as Ben Parker's headstone in Spider-Man on PC

I see Sony v and ND are really pushing TLOU Part 1 the last couple of days so i said I'd try a proper remake and replay Mafia 1 definitive edition. Having an absolute blast with it on Classic mode but i think I'm coming up to the race mission and in feeling like Tommy Tiernan on the bus in father ted, sad times ahead.

Feels like we need a mid-tier between remaster and remake to describe things like TLOU. Reserve the remake accolade for things like Resi 2 that actually earn it. Re-graphicing 😅

Although there can be good and bad examples of all the tiers. Shadow of the Colossus and Demon’s Souls don’t pass the full remake smell test, but do that middle ground quite well (although they do significantly alter the original aesthetics in the process).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,026 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Rebuild?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Thread is starting to sound like Evangelion.

Shadow of Colossus remake reminded me of the 'Be Right Back' episode of Black Mirror in that it perfectly replaces a loved one but actually totally doesn't at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,026 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

(Not) The Last of Us

**** the race in Mafia 1!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I actually played the Mafia 1 remake up to a point, which was shortly after that race. I didn't find any problems with it, finished it on the first or second go easily. Are there difficulty modes in Mafia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭Cordell

The race was nerfed in the remake. Lots of people gave up the game altogether because of the race.

Yeah there is easy, normal, hard and classic. I'm playing on classic which mimics the original games difficulty with hard mode on top. It definitely affects the race, tough out, will come back to it but just missing the classic trophy and collectibles for the platinum so giving it a go.

Days Gone movie releases, record breaking, Oscar winning success forces Sony into making a sequel. It's all coming together.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hmmm. Don't think they got the word that Zombies are out, Dimensions are in...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

They need to create the next trend rather than jump on one already running out of steam. I'm gonna predict ninja werewolves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ryan gosling to star and boozer and win an Oscar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Would make a better series of than movie. There is too much to unpack in 2 hours. So all the masterfully crafted world, story, and character building done through background exposition in the game will be lost for a big CGI horde scene.

Will still watch it though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So what singles out Days Gone that an ignoramus like me might care? Is there anything beyond Generic Zombie Apocalypse, where humans are inevitably the real monsters yada yada?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,024 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's great dialogue between Deak and Boozer such as "Hey Boozeman, you there?".

To be honest it's a grand game, nothing more. It looks good and plays like any other generic open world game. Some of the controls are wonky (looking at you gun wheel) and the writing is terrible.

If you've nothing else to play then fire away but there's tonnes of better games worth your time ahead of this.

• Advertisement

It's zombie apocalypse generic except the zombies come in big hordes and big pharma are bad.

Advertisement